icon

d2d vs w2w

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mark 17 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2013 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
I've read a couple places where guys have said the D2D wire can be unreliable. Can someone give me an idea of why that is?
I was planning on using D2D between the Idatalink and 5706. Seemed it would save quite a bit of wiring and keep things cleaner.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2013 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
First you are going to program it for DBI. then you will have no problems. If it is not flashed for DBI then you will have issues. As far as D2D VS W2W I always go Data. Haven't had an issue with it for over 2 years. This goes for DEI,Compustar,Encore, Hell what ever brand. D2D works. If you are having an issue with a remote start in D2D it is probably a loose nut between the steering wheel and the seat. :)
mark 17 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  

Great, thanks for the input.

My local shop flashed the idatalink for my 2010 accord and told me the data wire would simplify things so I assume its already programed for the data port.

racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Most of the people (myself included) got burned by one manufacturer or another at some point when all this CAN high CAN low business started in circa 2007 (for American domestics anyways). There were a lot of glitches and bugs in the software so we all decided that DBI D2D was junk and since we mostly get paid by the job being done and staying done, it was easier to take the 10 minutes and make sure we had done everything possible to make sure the vehicles stayed gone. I am giving DEI another chance this year. It is MUCH faster and so far MUCH better than my previous experiences. Time will tell.d2d vs w2w - Last Post -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
mark 17 wrote:

Great, thanks for the input.

My local shop flashed the idatalink for my 2010 accord and told me the data wire would simplify things so I assume its already programed for the data port.

WOW, What a great shop. What is the name of it? I would really like to have an option for some friends in Cali.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic