icon

wiring info and bypass unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldsmobile94 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

Hi i have a 09 jeep liberty that i need the vehicle wiring info for if anybody that.. Also i have a flashlogic flcan which is confusing to me never worked with 1 before. Since i have the flashlogic do i still need any relays for door locks if needed or does this unit take care of that? any help would be great. 

tk
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

Might need a bit more information to properly assist.

What, exactly, are you installing in your Jeep?  I'm guessing a remote start with keyless entry but...

The FLCAN bypass module should  be flashed with the FLC-AL(DL)-CH5 firmware for your application.

Here is a link to the install guide ( #10762 ) : 
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-CH5/FLC-AL(DL)-CH5-EN_20130114.pdf

You will be following the Type 3 install diagram ( if you don't buy / use the optional FLC-HRN-CH5 harness ).

Depending on the Remote Starter used, you will either wire for D2D or W2W following the Type 3 diagram.

If you look at Page 2 of 19 in the CH5 install guide, there is a chart that details exactly what the bypass

module is capable of handling in this application.   Basically it does Locks, Alarm, Trunk Release, and
supplies Door, Trunk, Brake, E-Brake status outputs as well as supplying a Tach Signal and doing the
transponder bypass function.

Here is a link to a similar install in a 2012 Jeep Patriot ( using the ADS AL CA bypass module flashed with

ADS AL(DL) CH5 firmware ).  The vehicle wire colors will be different between the Patriot and Liberty but
it's basically the same.     https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~130393~PN~2

Here is a link to the Ready Remote wire info for your Jeep :  http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?make=Jeep&model=Liberty

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Link to a 2010 Jeep Liberty remote start install pictorial:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~135101
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
oldsmobile94 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing an alarm/starter combo with keyless, its a hornet 564T. i did have the unit flashed when i bought it  recently.  Thanks so much for the info and the help it does make more sence now than it did.
tk
oldsmobile94 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2013 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
hey have a few more questions with the wiring of a few wires the trunk trigger is the trunk status? the trunk release is the trunk input? also having a big problem with the programing of the bypass unit. I started the install mode of the unit but didn't see there where more than 2 steps than attempted to program the unit to say the least it didn't work an the flashing green light went out an there isn't any red or green flashing or solid light on the bypass unit. please help I just want to get the done without screwing anything up.
tk
oldsmobile94 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2013 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
also I tried unplugging power from the bypass an the alarm/starter to see if that would help but I got nothing still nothing from the bypass
tk
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2013 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  

Do a Factory Reset on the FLCAN by removing all harnesses except the Black 4 Pin harness. 

Then remove the Black 4 Pin harness.

Then press and hold the button and plug in the Black 4 Pin harness.  The LED will start to flash Red after a second or two.  Release the button.

After a few seconds the LED stop flashing Red and then will start doing a repeated single Green flash.  If going in the W2W mode, press the button once.  The LED will start doing a repeated Green double blink. 

Press and hold the button.  The LED will go solid Green for 2 seconds and then go out.  Release the button.  This locks in your selection.

Reconnect the remaining harnesses and continue with the vehicle programming.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic