the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 ram need to put into accessory mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
superchargedws6 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote superchargedws6

< size=3 face=Calibri>2012 Ram Need ignition Accessory wire!

< size=3 face=Calibri> 

I am installing a push button start remote starter in my 2012 Dodge Ram Sport.  It currently had Dodge's tip key system.

In looking at the tip key ignition tumbler, all the wires are very small gauge, which I take to mean the actual powering up of the Ignition and Accessory circuits is either done by relay, or by communications protocol triggering a relay, without all of the current flow through the ignition switch like on older vehicles.  On older vehicles you could tap into the heavy gage wires at the ignition switch, feed power into the ignition or accessory wires, and power up the accessory or ignition devices.

I am using a Fortin EVO-ALL to bypass security and trigger the remote start functions. The EVO-ALL, with the THAR-CHR4 supplies an ignition input that the remote starter can trigger to power up the truck.  Even the start function can be triggered through the evo-all.  This is all great for remote start, as it only needs to power up the ignition circuit.

However, I am installing a push button start, where one push of the button triggers accessory mode.  Two pushes of the button triggers Ignition mode.  Hold the brake and push the button = start.  With the EVO-ALL I've got the last two modes covered.

However, the EVO-ALL does not give me an option to put the truck into ACCESSORY mode.  Is there a wire at the ignition key module that I can tap into, feed +12V into, to put the truck into accessory mode?  The EVO-ALL will bypass security when I try to do this, so I just need to know the wire that triggers ACCESSORY mode off of the TIP Key ignition switch module.

Thanks!

superchargedws6 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote superchargedws6

Sorry, here is the correct post with no format errors.

I am installing a push button start remote starter in my 2012 Dodge Ram Sport.  It currently had Dodge's tip key system.

In looking at the tip key ignition tumbler, all the wires are very small gauge, which I take to mean the actual powering up of the Ignition and Accessory circuits is either done by relay, or by communications protocol triggering a relay, without all of the current flow through the ignition switch like on older vehicles.  On older vehicles you could tap into the heavy gage wires at the ignition switch, feed power into the ignition or accessory wires, and power up the accessory or ignition devices.

I am using a Fortin EVO-ALL to bypass security and trigger the remote start functions. The EVO-ALL, with the THAR-CHR4 supplies an ignition input that the remote starter can trigger to power up the truck.  Even the start function can be triggered through the evo-all.  This is all great for remote start, as it only needs to power up the ignition circuit.

However, I am installing a push button start, where one push of the button triggers accessory mode.  Two pushes of the button triggers Ignition mode.  Hold the brake and push the button = start.  With the EVO-ALL I've got the last two modes covered.

The EVO-ALL does not give me an option to put the truck into ACCESSORY mode.  Is there a wire at the ignition key module that I can tap into, feed +12V into, to put the truck into accessory mode?  The EVO-ALL will bypass security when I try to do this, so I just need to know the wire that triggers ACCESSORY mode off of the TIP Key ignition switch module.

Thanks!

auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote auto enhancers
First DO NOT send 12 volts to any of the wires at the ign node. you will be replacing that it you do.
Secondly there really is no easy way to do what you are asking. Using the EVO ALL would be the best bet, but I am not sure how you would do just accessory. I would think it would be just IGN.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote offroadzj
I have installed a few Push button start systems (I am an authorized dealer for Advanced Keys) and I have yet to find a solution for any of the Tip start style ignitions. I would just give up on it. The ignition circuits are extremely complicated and very sensitive. You may find yourself dishing out a few thousand dollars in the end...
It is also not only the accessory circuit you need to worry about. I can't speak for Fortin, but most remote start bypass modules will only power the circuits required for remote start. So the possibility exists of other circuits (either multiple accessory circuits or another ignition circuit) that the Fortin will not power. Trying to drive away could cause damage to the vehicle (possibly even mechanical damage). Finally, again I cannot speak for Fortin, but most bypasses will use the brake input signal to shut down the remote start and depending on how you have the push to start module set up, it may not keep the Fortin powered. Or worse, if the bypass module were to shut down while you were driving, it could cause the vehicle to suddenly shut off and risk an accident.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
superchargedws6 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote superchargedws6
That does not sound good at all!!! I hate to give up, but everything you said makes sense. The fortin start function will only trigger the factory dodge start function, which was only designed for remote start, not driving around, so not hard to see how that may not work.
I will likely end up putting this system in my other older vehicle if I cannot find someone that has successfully installed one of these in one of the dodge tip start cars or trucks. Thanks for the reply.
superchargedws6 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote superchargedws6
A couple of years have passed. Has anyone found a way to do this yet?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic