icon

viper alarm remote start wires?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ubnpast 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to save a few $, Ive installed a few ultrastart systems (part of viper) but never a viper.
I recently purchased a Viper 5704V and am installing into a 2001 Corolla.
The part that confuses me is the 10 pin remote start connector, the way they word the description for each of the wires is hard to understand.
The wires are as follows:
H3/1 PINK       (+) ignition 1 input/output
H3/2 RED / WHITE (+) fused (30A) ignition 2 / flex relay input 87
H3/3 ORANGE     (+) accessory output
H3/4 VIOLET     (+) starter output (car side of the starter kill)
H3/5 GREEN      (+) starter input (key side of the starter kill)
H3/6 RED        (+) fused (30A) ignition 1 input
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) ignition 2 / flex relay output
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (+) flex relay input 87a key side if required of flex relay
H3/9 RED / BLACK (+) fused (30A) accessory / starter input
Now for the car :
12 VOLT CONSTANT   WHITE (+)
STARTER RED (+)   
IGNITION 1        BLACK/ WHITE (+)   
IGNITION 2        BLACK / YELLOW (+)
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 BLUE/RED (+)
I do not plan in installing a starter disable relay (should I tap the starter input and output wires together)?, also in the past ive just tapped the main power off the white 12v+ constant.
Can someone please give me some insight?
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
From the Viper unit the Red ,RED / Black and RED / White wires need to be connected to the White 12 volt wire in the car.The Pink wire from the viper needs to be connected to the BLACK/ white in the car,the Pink/White wire from the Viper has to be connected to the BLACK / YELLOW wire in the car, the Orange wire from the Viper is connected to the Blue/Red wire in the car .Now for the starter wires if you don't want to do a starter kill just connect the Purple wire from the Viper unit to the Red wire in the car and the Green wire from the Viper just tape it up and not connect it to anything .Hope this helps .
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and also the Pink/Black wire from the Viper alarm is not used for that car again tape it up and secure it .
triniforever
ubnpast 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
triniforever wrote:
Oh and also the Pink/Black wire from the Viper alarm is not used for that car again tape it up and secure it .
Thank you very much for your help!
Ill try again this weekend, was also having a problem with the door locks. Seems like the car has negative locks (type b), the viper was not operating the door locks (which were working fine with the UltraStarter unit).
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
What color wires in the car are you using for lock and unlock and location?According to directech you should use the factory alarm and disarm wire for lock a d unlock and the wire colors are Blue/black for lock found in the dash fuse box right side ,White 14 pin plug,pin 3.for unlock its GREEN / WHITE ,dash fuse box ,White 14 pin plug pin 6.
triniforever
ubnpast 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
triniforever wrote:
What color wires in the car are you using for lock and unlock and location?According to directech you should use the factory alarm and disarm wire for lock a d unlock and the wire colors are Blue/black for lock found in the dash fuse box right side ,White 14 pin plug,pin 3.for unlock its GREEN / WHITE ,dash fuse box ,White 14 pin plug pin 6.
Hmm not sure, they are wires that I used for the previous ultrastart system. I'll take another look this weekend when my girlfriend stops over. My test light led was solid green and went off when the door lock/unlock button was pressed and returned back to green.
Thanks again for your help!
ubnpast 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2013 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
triniforever wrote:
I have all the wires correct, the problem is that when I plug in the brain the doors lock (won't respond with the remote). If I flip wires coming out of brain for door locks they unlock. Not sure what's up with it, any idea?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2013 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
What are your wire connections from the 24 pin harness? (I assume this unit has the 24 pin connector) If not could you list all of your other connections from the viper to the car.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
ubnpast 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2013 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
triniforever wrote:
Just noticed that I should use the factyory arm and disarm wires and not the door lock port. All straightened out.
Thanks!
ubnpast 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2013 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Everything is working 100% thanks everyone for the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic