icon

viper 5901 flash turn signals

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raigen18 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2013 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone, I would like to wire up my viper 5901 r/s so that the turn signals flash along with the parking lights when arming and disarming. Right now I have the r/s parking light output connected to the cars parking light wire. Now, would it be as simple as splitting the r/s parking light output wire and tapping that into the GREEN/ red wire behind my hazard switch? Would I need to diode isolate the parking wire?
Here are the wiring diagrams for my car (05 acura tsx)
viper 5901 flash turn signals -- posted image.
Hazard switch
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 07, 2013 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
Are you currently using the Viper's arm and disarm wires (GREEN/ black and GREEN / WHITE) for anything?
I would leave the parking lights the way they are, and connect arm and disarm together to the hazards.
That way, you'll still get parking lights during remote start runtime, but also hazard flashes with lock, unlock, remote start initiation, and remote start shutdown. I think that would be pretty nice.
It appears that the GREEN/ red wire will activate the hazards with a positive signal. So you'd need to use your GREEN/ black and GREEN / WHITE (spliced together) to trigger a relay to make positive (see relay section on this site), and then connect that to the GREEN/ red.
Directechs shows the location of the GREEN/ red as: left side of dash fuse box, green 30 pin plug, pin 28
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2013 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Do you mean the factory alarm disarm/arm wire? If so, yes I am using that since the car has a factory alarm. Will your method still work in this case? I was hoping to avoid having to use any relays since the parking light output on the viper 5901 is already set to positive
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2013 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
bump
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
bump
Will using the arm/disarm wire method still work if I am already using them for the factory alarm system?
sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, it should. You would have to tap off of them. But if you use those, you will need to use a relay as Chris mentioned and you would also need to diode isolate them. Attached is a diagram on how to do this.
Otherwise, you can use the parking lights but then the turn signals would be on at all times the parking lights would be on....not just for arming/disarming.
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
sparkyssb wrote:
Yes, it should. You would have to tap off of them. But if you use those, you will need to use a relay as Chris mentioned and you would also need to diode isolate them. Attached is a diagram on how to do this.
Otherwise, you can use the parking lights but then the turn signals would be on at all times the parking lights would be on....not just for arming/disarming.
Perfect! Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
I got around to doing this but one thing i'm noticing is that upon arming the car, the turn signals flash once followed by another quick flash. Disarming the car, the signals just flash once. I was hoping that they would flash in sequence with the parking lights
sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
Your feed is powering the hazard flasher relay and it sounds like the Viper pulse output for the arm is longer than the disarm. I don't see any other way of getting around this unless you can figure out what wires you can tap into AFTER the relay. You would probably have to tap into each turn signal wire. Of course using more diodes to isolate.
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
sparkyssb wrote:
Your feed is powering the hazard flasher relay and it sounds like the Viper pulse output for the arm is longer than the disarm. I don't see any other way of getting around this unless you can figure out what wires you can tap into AFTER the relay. You would probably have to tap into each turn signal wire. Of course using more diodes to isolate.
Ah yes that makes sense. Would it work if I just split the 12v feed that I currently have tapped into the hazard switch and wire that directly to the (+) of my LED side mirror turn signals instead since I only want them to flash? Would I need to diode isolate as well in this case?
Thanks for the help!
Here's another wire diagram for the turn signals (continuation from the first two I posted earlier):
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic