icon

94 camry firstech/compustar cm600s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toyotanuts 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone...new to 12volt...great looking site..the word amazing comes to mind!
Spent most of the daylight today in Pa installing a CM600 in my kids 94 Camry. Soldered all connections, double/triple verified wiring connections.
I'm just looking for basic door look/unlock, remote start features...no alarms...no special secondary features...the Camry is a basic 4cyl, no frills model.
I did not use a good number of the wires on the CM600 such as:
Conn 1
large blue
Conn 2
RED / blk
wht/blk
blk
org
org/wht
wht horn...used and not used, didnt matter
grey/blk (hood pin) Im the only one working on so not using it
RED / wht
red
Conn 3
violet-car not equipped for trunk release
Heres what I'm experiencing...
1)The car remote starts, stops as programmed in 15min. no error codes thru parking lights
2)The accessory (heat blower) fan will not work while in remote start mode, the CM600 Heavy white wire is connected to the pink/blue at ignition switch harness...i verified the solder connection by tapping into white wire downstream (back towards CM module). This wire is 0V key off, +12V key on, 0V at crank, +12V key on. (verified test light)
3) I DONOT want the horn beeping everytime it locks/unlocks/starts etc...so I tries connecting and not connecting the horn wire (CM600 small white wire PIN 7 to GREEN/ blk at steering column harness)...the large black connector at base of column. I searched and read elsewhere about two grn/blk wires of different gauge at this connector, but only verified 1 grn/blk wire. The problem is that the horn beeps twice on lock/unlock, i think once on start up...sometimes (trying to remember scenarios I encountered) the horn will then start blowing and not stop unless I pull the 10amp fuse upfront
I got rained on...then sleeted on...lol..have patience beyond belief...was at a loss so for now I pulled the horn fuse, but I need to straighten this out as winter weathers coming fast here.
Any suggestions or thoughts?
Thank you in advance!
Toyotanuts
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2013 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
it sounds like there is another accy wire that powers the heater,need to test for that-if the horn is going off when not connected to the CM600 then there has to be a factory alarm.
toyotanuts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2013 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  

Hmmm..TY for the reply.

Just going off all the wiring schematics I could find on the net for this Camry...they all state its a PNK/BLU wire at ignition harness? That pnk/blu wire does act voltage wise the way that the Compustars instructions ask for...meaning voltage present/no present when needed..but I understand what you're saying. My only other concern is that there is something internally wrong on this unit.

I was thinking last night to try an possibly use the CONN 1/ lrg blu wire thats a 2nd starter or 2nd accessory wire to try an power the heater blower. I believe I have the factory manual for this car...so I'll look at that tonght to verify which wire I should be tapping into.

Factory alarm? Boy...this car is bare bones, but you stating that has me thinking again. Theres a factory horn just behind the front grille (in middle of car)...when I unplug that horn, there is another one that goes off underneath the battery area somewhere...so you may be right. I may have to utilize the Compustars alarm wires on it, but I don't think any online wiring schematic showed factory alarms...could be wrong though, I don't have them in front of me.

Thank you for the help....had this continually rolling thru my mind last night...hard to sleep!!

Tom 

Toyotanuts
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
Having 2 horns is weird-there might be some other after market alarm on the car...all the diagrams i looked at don't list any factory alarm.The only reason the heater isn't coming on is because the accy wire isn't being fed during remote start-either your CM600 wire is not powering up or there's another accy wire in the harness that needs to be fed.
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  

Power up BLACK / YELLOW at the ignition harness as ACC and power up BLACK/ orange as ignition and that should fix the heater issue.

As far as the horn..I would verify the car does not have factory alarm.  Do this by rolling down the driver window, shut all doors/hood/trunk and lock the vehicle.  Wait a few minutes and them try opening the door from the inside door handle, if the horn starts blowing you have a factory alarm.  what you will have to do is hook up your factory disarm on the compustar to the unlock wire and factory arm to the lock wire and then make sure the settings are set to lock after remote start. The doors will unlock upon remote start and then relock as soon as it starts up. 

Some Toyotas will still do the little beep thing (not the horn) whether you hook up the horn output or not.

toyotanuts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2013 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thank so much guys..
I will try all the suggestions as soon as I can get to them...I'm very short on light during the week after work....LOL...neighbors just love the maddening horn issues!!
I'll post back..
TY
Tom
Toyotanuts
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2013 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Where do you have the CM600 grounded? This sounds like a bad ground issue to me...
If you don't have the CM horn output connected at all, then your issue has to be something with the car (factory alarm, etc). You can also change the horn honking feature. Check the programming options in the install guide. Also, when checking for factory alarm, lock the vehicle a couple times to make sure. Some vehicles will only arm on the 2nd lock signal.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
toyotanuts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2013 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Its grounded to the dash frame support...its a good ground. Bolt n nut.
TY tho
Tom
Toyotanuts
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2013 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
Dash supports aren't typically a good grounding point. The dash supports are usually installed after the interior frame has been painted so there is a barrier of paint between the chassis and the dash frame. In addition, some cars also have a rubber 'buffer' to prevent rattles. Just as a quick check, try running a wire straight from the battery and see if the problem persists.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
toyotanuts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Really? Damn...never would have thunk that one. Tomorrow I should get a chance to look at it. Tried getting the car tonight, but daughter insisted she needed it to try on dresses!!!
Plus its suppose to be closer to 50 tomorrow here...hit a whopping 30 today! Not a fan of winter!!
Thanks for the info...much appreciated.
Tom
Toyotanuts
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic