icon

2011 tacoma g key dball issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2013 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
do you have the 2nd starter wire connected? what does the led on the dball do when you activate the remote start?
jakub4 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
Second starter wire is connected, the dball stays red when remote starting.
jakub4 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
One other thing, I can start the vehicle with the key, then use the viper to take over the ignition by pressing the remote start key, and it continues to run. DBALL is red throughout all of this.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
If the LED is solid red the module never completed programming. I would double check the wires from the DBALL are in the correct pins on the connector. I have had a few DBALL harnesses that were pinned wrong. I would also triple check that my IMO, IMI, CANH & CANL are all correct. Page 17 in the guide tells you about LED diagnostics & troubleshooting
jakub4 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2013 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
In case anyone was wondering, I took apart the dball to see if there was anything discernible wrong with it, and a trace was burnt out. Rather than dealing with another potentially problematic bypass, I ordered up an idatalink programmer and bypass. Wired it up wire to wire, flipped the power inn and everything worked the first time. ADS-TL FTW.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2013 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

iDatalink...   2011 tacoma g key dball issues - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
jakub4 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2013 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
In case anyone was wondering, I took apart the dball to see if there was anything discernible wrong with it, and a trace was burnt out. Rather than dealing with another potentially problematic bypass, I ordered up an idatalink programmer and bypass. Wired it up wire to wire, flipped the power inn and everything worked the first time. ADS-TL FTW.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic