icon

nissan hardbody 2 starter wire issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rwturbo 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2013 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I have a auto page ra 720 on my 94 Nissan hardbody xe 2.4. I have the starter wire hooked to the main ignition wire and wires a relay in for the second activated by the original starter output. Truck starts fine except when it's below like 35 df and below. It activates but only cranks a short time ( not nearly long enough to start truck ) and then doesn't even retry to start. If I deactivate the remote and deactivate remote start works ok second time always. Also noticed that this alarm must not have a over speed doodie down. So not sure if I have a issue with second starter wire or if the coil reference I'm using is spiking hi quick under cold starts and the alarm thinks it is running. Anyone every seen this? I have searched your forums with a few different findings but no two ideas are the same. Atleast that I can find. Please help and thanks for reading.
sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Is the tach wire hooked up? Colder weather could affect voltage on tachless installs.
rwturbo 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I was using tach pick up. I switched to voltage checking to see if something changes. It's strange I have done a lot of remote starts and this one stomps me. It only cranks for a second and alarm thinks it is running I believe. Will see how voltage sensing works out.
rwturbo 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2013 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  
used voltage sensing and same thing this morning. HAs something to do with cold weather. Has been starting fine for 2 months. And will continue to start all day ok after intial cold morning start. Any thoughts?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2013 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  
Assuming the truck starts OK when cold with the key.  Did you double check the Starter2 relay circuit to be sure it is still outputting +12V during a R/S crank? 
Soldering is fun!
rwturbo 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  

yes always cranks over with key. Wil double check the second starter wire relay this afternoon.

rwturbo 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
relearned tach signal with a higher rpm, will report back next week it wasnt that cold last night.
rwturbo 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2013 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  
reset tach learn to higher rpm fixed my issue. Thanks
sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
good to hear!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.