the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

smartstart puzzle

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
This is my first attempt at a SmartStart. I'm trying to get a SmartStart DSM200 to function with my daughters phone.
Here is what I have. My daughter lives in St.Paul MN, I am located north of Wausau, Wi.
We each have Viper 5701s installed in our vehicles. (installed be me three or so years ago).
What I am trying to do is to have the smartstart ready for her when she comes up here next week.
I have the dsm200 connected to my van, I have it authorized, it tested out ok on the web site. Purchased a plan for the service with her smart phone info, she downloaded the SmartStart app to her phone.
In theory, she should be able to lock, unlock, ect. my van from her phone.    But nothing happens.
Not having her phone here yet, and I'm not a smart phone person, I don't know if something needs to be done on her phone with the app to make it connect. Her smartstart app is showing status as UNAVAILABLE.
I understand cell service difficulties from point "A" to point "B" could be an issue. Trying to reach from the twin cities to northern WI. That's gotta be a stretch.
Just looking for things to look for that I have not thought of or over looked from some more experienced SmartStart people.
Thanks and happy turkey day to all.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
If you are able to talk on the phone with your daughter then range is not a problem. It uses the same network the phone uses, so if it works then you have another issue. What lights are on on the smart start module? What are the green and amber lights doing? Did the unit work ok during the activation testing? The portal should have allowed you to test each function as well as give you an RSSI signal strength reading. Also there are 2 versions of the app. One for Viper brand only and one for all other compatible DEI products. They use different servers so they are not cross compatible.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
When she downloaded the smart start app did she log on to the app with your email and password , if she didn't nothing will happen.
triniforever
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Have her click the cars tab. If nothing is listed she isnt logged in.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
racerjames76 wrote:
Also there are 2 versions of the app. One for Viper brand only and one for all other compatible DEI products. They use different servers so they are not cross compatible.
Puzzle SOLVED!
racerjames76, you are ON THE MONEY! Wrong version of the app. She had the Viper and needed the Directed version. She downloaded it and it works perfectly. Took five seconds for the signal to hit the remote starter form the Twin Cities.
Thank You everyone for the input and suggestions. Owe you all a six pack of cold ones.
Rich
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2013 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
smartstart puzzle -- posted image. I am a pro and did this to a customers car the other day. LOL Glad my mistake could help out someone else! smartstart puzzle -- posted image.
vane0804 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2015 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
quick question...could you use the DSM200 or the DSM250 with any brand remote start? I heard possibly using the analog wires instead of the D2D cable.
~It's me!
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2015 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
I do not recall if it has a remote start output analog wire. If it does and your remote start has an analog input activation wire I don't see why not..
Obviously I don't think you will have any sort of 2 way functionality though.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic