icon

starter kill without remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
biospot 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  

I have tried to wire my viper 5902 (or maybe 5702.. I am not at home now so i can't tell) so I can use the starter kill feature without the remote start feature.

Before anyone asks me why I want this, please know that In California it is never that hot or cold and I partk inside an attached garage every night. I don't want an alarm malfunction causing the car to start in the garage overnight. I an not that certain the carbon monoxide will stay safely outside.

I don't want to cut and install all the wires for the remote start. I just want the 2 wires for the remote start to work as advertised. I think.. that one of more of the other wires to that 8 pin plug must be wired to provide power to the  starter kill feature buit in the head unit.  If anyone knows how this works, please tell me. I am instaling this on my wifes del sol and will next install the same thing on my accord.  I am certain I want this since my car was stolen 9 months ago, and my wifes car was stolen 2 months ago. I got both of them back but with lots of damage and missing lots of parts. I don't want anyone driving my cars any more except us..

I have every thing eles in this alarm hooked up and working.

Thanks if anyone knows what is needed to hookkup for this to work.

Thanks.

old and lovin' it
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
Cut the starter wire and use green to key side and purple to the starter side, you will also have to hook up ignition.  If you don't want it to remote start don't ground the neutral safety wire or leave the on/off switch to off.
biospot 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

hm.. this is where I get confused. there are actually 2 ignition wires, pink and red.

Fused and non-fused ignition input/output

I hooked both of them up to 12 volts then checked the starter cut with my DMM but it never changed

I wish I could see a diagram of the starter cut relay. It would make is super simple to figure this out...

Thanks for the help

Biospot

old and lovin' it
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Post the year of the del sol and someone here will give you what wires from the Viper to connect to the car , and specify exactly what you want done ?
triniforever

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic