icon

remote start troubles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thekidinbuff 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I'm new around here and it seems to be a great, helpful community so im gonna give me issues a shot. remote start troubles -- posted image. I have a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and the Scytek G40RS Remote Starter. It came installed when i bought the car.
Back in August, i had turned my car off after driving it and the car's starter, automatically started turning the car over but would not start. I had the keys in my hand. I ended up removing the Negative Battery terminal to get it to stop. To make this short, i ended up removing the remote start box/brains and it has not done it since. Recently, its gotten colder out and i thought about having it work again. Ive found out what wires go were, and followed the output Starter wire out of the box and its a short wire that goes directly to a factory wire (im guessing a starter wire). I decided to plug the box back in and when i went to reconnect the battery terminal, the starter started to turn again. So im clueless remote start troubles -- posted image.
Any help or suggestions??? Could it be the main chip in remote start or a short in the box or?
Thanks!
Thekidinbuff
ctinstaller76 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

it sounds like u have a bad starter . replace starter with new one

thekidinbuff 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
But the car starts fine when I turn the key and the box is unplugged..
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
Use a DMM and check to see if there is continuity between the pin on the remote start that is the starter wire against each of the +12V constant wires. Sorry not a Scytek guy so i dont know what pins/wire colors you should be looking for. If you have continuity between the starter wire pin and any +12V constant pins the relay in the remote start is bad.
thekidinbuff 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
I do not get any continuity between any of the pins. There is a separate harness that contains the parking light and hood input and etc. If i just plug in the main harness, and leave that secondary one unhook, the starter does not turn over by itself. May i upload pictures to this site, or photobucket them and post the link?
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
You have a bad brain. search ebay for the same model number brain or call scytek and try to buy one.
thekidinbuff 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
I cant find just the brains anywhere :(
kenwood_nut 
Stock Boy - Posts: 227
Stock Boy spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2014 at 6:15 AM / IP Logged  
I could figure that one out in seconds. But won't.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic