icon

120vac input, 12vdc output plus more

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
two12 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
I want to use a series of flood light type P.I.R. motion sensors to activate a chime or door bell. so far I have several motion sensors with the output trigger wires connected together and these work well together for turning on the same 120vac light bulb.
how can I change this 120vac output (that is basically constant since the lowest setting for on duration is 5 minutes) to a 5 - 12 vdc pulse output?
Im thinking I need a 120vac Normaly Open, SPST relay but I dont know exactly which one or how to determine this. can anyone help me with this?
from there, I think adding this 12vdc assemblage:120vac input, 12vdc output plus more -- posted image.
will change the constant output to momentary so that I can utilize a peizo or bell chime but is there a simpler way?
Ive only ever dealt with 12vdc relays, 120vac is all new to me!
thanks
two12 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
or, can anyone suggest where else to ask or know a specific search term I could use to find more info somewhere?
seems pretty simple until you try it ;-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic