icon

heres the dimensions, whats the specs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
knoslf 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2013 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all, im a former lurker in here and decided to join. I have a quick question, just built my 1st ported box and need conformation of volume and tuning.. the exterior dimensions are 30" wide, 17" tall, & 20" deep, it has a port tgat measures 5" wide, 9" tall, & 14" deep, built with 3/4 MDF...sub is a single Punch hx2 15 (600w rms) and has a displacement of .109 cu ft...no amp yet...thanks in advance for any and all help.
knoslf 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2013 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Btw this is going in my 1999 Yukon slt
audio coffin 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
not sure what you are asking, but if you are saying your sub requires 1.09 cubic feet, then your box is to big. i'd say your box is about 4.3 cubic feet.
knoslf 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks and yes I was looking for specs as u stwted, I tried using the calculators on here and I was hoping it'd come out to 4.3-4.5 @35-36hz...ive got it in and wow it slams so hard on a cheap 4ch amp for my door speakers..
audio coffin 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
do you know how to figure out the size of a box, if you don't all you need to do is figure out the internal length,x width,x hieght. divide by 1728. thats it. and i have the same sub in a sealed box. i can only imagine what it would be like ported.
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2014 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

It'll also depend on the Small/Thielle parameters for the sub... Unfortunately (or furtunately depending on which side of the fench you are) there are multiple versions of the HX2 in all sizes. Which specific model do you have (RFD2215, RFR3215, etc)? Each model has a differentt spider and suspension system which affects the way it works in the box.

Once the proper model / parameters are known, someone (or myself) can tell you if your port is where you want it.

Ganbatte ne!

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic