icon

iit audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slammed00s 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  

im planning on going to a place like iit this fall to furhter my education in car audio and i was wondering if anybody on here went there.  i know basic stuff and can already do basic fiberglass work, i helped a friend build a box for 4 directed 12's and he hit 143db, not great but for our first fiberglass box i think we did pretty damn good, even got lots of compliments from a local shop.  i just want to learn all the details so i can build and install top notch stuff and eventually open my own place. 

are theyre any other places on the east coast besides iit audio in florida?  i live in sc so i dont wanna go to cali or even the mid west for that matter.  i'd rather go to florida cuz it'll be warm and there are chicks....ya know.

R983 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

I attended IIT in  Feburary/March of 2003. The school is somewhat of a small operation and class sizes are limited to under 10. However, the head instructer Chris cooper and the other inst. jason are very good at what they do. The course is broken up into 4 weeks. the first week is Basic Electronics and after that week, sometime you have to pass Chris's personal test of electronics. i believe you can only get 4 wrong out of 75 questions. they really do want you to learn, and you have to prove what you learned by doing it. after that jason takes over with first classroom work on box building and acoustics and then its to the shop to build sealed, ported and bandpass boxes. after the we did fiberglass, along with the boxes you could make the fiberglass project for your own car.  the living situation is decent with 2 apartments set up one 4 bedroom and one 3 bedroom . The last week is security and navagition. jason walks you through how to install alarms and what the basics are. overall i think i learned about as much as anyone could in just one month. granted how much can you learn in just one month. can i now compete with installers with 15+ years of expierence? no , but  now i have a much better understanding on not only how to install car audio and security,  but how and why it works.   

The other schools i looked into were  Mobil Dynamics in toronto canada... way way way too expensive.  Installer Institute in daytona beach (holly hill=ghetto)...  basically IIT looked a lot nicer and the staff were a lot more helpful.

I do Recomend IIT audio. Hoped this helps ya out a little. If you have any other questions call Jimmy, the # is on the website you can use my name if you want he should remember it.

Rich DiPasquale

sm00th4you_75 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
I just graduated from IIT Audio and it was excellent and is exactely how R983 explained it to be. I recommend it especially for the money that it takes to go there. Everywhere else is too expensive and you can't get the experience ya need anywhere else!
Bigg Dogg
slammed00s 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
cool, i was just wondering if there were any others out there.  hopefully i'll be able to go down around october, i'd like to go in july but its prolly already full.  plus i dont have the extra money right now.
sm00th4you_75 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2003 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  

Oh, yes! There are others. I was there with 11 other students. It was an awesome stay. Plenty of women and plenty of things to do. I'm from Montana so Chris, the main instructor, let me use his car to use to go to local attractions not to mention the strips and drags! It was like having a vacation and going to school at the same time. Plus I got to meet Chuck Darby and get an signed autograph and a pic of us shaking hands. I also got a free Spal alarm and free subwoofer boxes to keep. It was an overall very kewl experience! I highly recommend it.

The classes are hard to get into but once your in your in. You can also get help getting in to the school thru Jimmy, their recruiter. If ya go, make sure you sign the "Magic Smoke cooler"! peace out                            -Lance-

Bigg Dogg
completeaudio 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

Select products just started a program called CATS... im not sure about the details but they are in S. Fla.

Check it out at www.selectproducts.com

R983 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
I signed that damn magic smoke cooler!!  Did you happen to see the signs also? haha
kub213 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
i went there in feb,mar 2002 and it was alright i learned alot, but i wish they would have went more in depth on certain things but for the price it was worth it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic