03 accord aftermarket unit swap

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
themow 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2013 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
I hope this is the right forum for this post. I was unsure where to post
I recently bought an 03 accord v6 coupe ex. It had an aftermarket headunit/heater in it. The unit only blew from the vents and could only control the drivers side temp (car was dual zone originally) passenger side blows cool all the time. Being that its winter time, I really need defrost.
I went looking for a stock head unit. I tried a 6 disc dual zone(which was stock on my car) at the junk yard and the screen came up asking for a code(as expected) but the hvac controls did not light up at all. They were completely black and nothing worked on that end. Figuring it was broken, I passed that one up and kept looking and found another unit. Same issues with this unit. I bought it assuming, both units having the same issues is unlikely and its probably my car. THe 2 green plugs that (i think) control the heater do not look molested in any way. The light blue plug for the radio does look like its has something spliced out of it. Yellow wire green stripe. I have checked all fuses traced the heater plugs etc. I am out of guesses here and hope someone has experienced this before. Here are some pictures to help.
03 accord aftermarket unit swap -- posted image.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
that dash kit does not look like it was dual zone... if they used a single zone ac control dash kit to control a dual zone system then theres no telling what problems it could cause, certain things could work fine but other features might not work permanently.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
There is a harness needed to make the original dual zone back into a single zone to work with that kit. Also go to metra website and look up the manual for that dash kit and read the part about programming the dash kit. It sounds like you need that harness and to reprogram the kit and I bet it will work fine.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
themow 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Yes its a single zone unit however I have the harness to make the dual single. It works kinda ok but that is not my issue. I want a stock radio in the car. I am looking for some help trouble shooting a stock climate control unit not powering on. The radio works fine but the climate control section is totally blank with no lights or controls. thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic