icon

1995 avalon horn wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gileadb 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
I'm almost finished installing a remote start system on a 1995 Toyota Avalon. I have the brown -200ma horn wire from my remote start system connected to the (-) GREEN/ black wire under the steering column. When I try and get the horn to honk using the remote start system, nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks
gileadb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I forgot to mention the system I am installing as an Avital 4103
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Perhaps you have the wrong vehicle wire? How did you locate and verify the vehicles GREEN/ Black Horn (-) wire?
The safest way is to use a Digital Multi Meter. Set to 20V DC, Red test lead to +12V constant and Black test lead to suspect GREEN/ Black wire. Meter should read 0V. Press the horn button and the DMM should read +12V. If this works, connect the DMM Black test lead to the R/S's Brown Horn output wire and press Unlock. The DMM should go to +12V briefly, twice. If everything tests good, you could try briefly touching a fused ( 5A ) jumper wire from chassis ground to the GREEN/ Black horn wire. It should beep.
Soldering is fun!
gileadb 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply, I tested the wire with the tests you suggested and all of them confirm it is the horn wire. However I'm not getting any sound when I put the unit into panic mode.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2013 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged  
Menu 1 option 1 in programming did you set the horn chirps to on ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic