icon

2011 Jeep Liberty Sport Alarm Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fosgate24360 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2013 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, wondering if anyone out there knows the wiring diagram/wire colors for a 2011 jeep liberty sport. Need to know the ignition/accessory wires. I've looked in the data base but only see up to a 2006...
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2013 at 6:15 AM / IP Logged  

Ignition is Pink/White but the Accessory wire is a MUX type signal, which includes Accessory, Starter and

Keysense.

Soldering is fun!
fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone could help/has any input....I had a remote start put on 2011 jeep liberty sport. Everything works great like it should. Only one thing bugs me lol. when you lock/arm the vehicle, the siren chirps as it should as well as the horn honks just like a factory keyless entry. Thats what I want to try and get rid of....I thought maybe wiring in relays so the horn is on with ignition and off without ignition. My installer says the horn honk is built into the vehicles bypass on the alarm and nothing cant be changed with it that way.
fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have any ideas?
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2014 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
I know on a Jeep Cherokee the owner of the Jeep can turn off the horn honk in the information center, never tried on a liberty. I think Jeep refers to it as the Electronic Vehicle information center(EVIC.) I mainly install one button remote starts on those now. So lock and unlock are done with the factory remotes. I very rarely do alarms around here...
fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2014 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Oh i forgot to add, the liberty i have is just a basic model meaning it doesnt have the evic(vehicle info center) unit so i wont be able to change any of those options.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
Since your jeep is the basic model, do you know if it has a factory alarm? If it doesn't he can hardwire the looks instead of using the Data Bypass to control them. That will stop the horn from honking. If you have a factory alarm, then hardwiring your locks would not be a smart idea. In order to hardwire the locks he will need to use the PURPLE / dk green wire in the drivers kick panel. He'll need to run lock through a 330 ohn resistor and unlock through a 100 ohm. If your Jeep has express windows that wire he needs to interface is located in the passenger door at the window switch and its PURPLE / lt green there. Same resistors.
To test if the Jeep has a factory alarm(hopefully your aftermarket alarm isn't set up to arm itself)
1) Open the drivers door window
2) close all doors and lock them using the factory remote
3) wait at least 1 minute
4) reach in the window and unlock the car and open the door.
5) if you have a factory alarm the horn will start honking and you'll be able to turn off that alarm by hitting the unlock button on the factory remote.
6) if you don't have an alarm there will be no horn honking...
fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
I know it has factory keyless entry but i dont think it has factory alarm. reason i say that is ive tried to set the factory alarm off which would not. thats why i had him put on a remote start/alarm combo. dont know if it means anything but the key to the jeep has the lock/unlock, trunk release and panic buttons. like i said i just think it has factory keyless entry as ive tried that method with setting it off and the horn doesnt blow when done so.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
So have him hook up the doorlocks the traditional way without the bypass and that will solve your problem since you son't have a factory alarm. See what happens is through the bypass he installed the doors are locking/unlocking by the bypass duplicating the Keyless entry computer signal and sends it into the car computer. Therefore making the Jeep honk with lock/unlock just as your factory remote would. If he hooks the doorlocks the traditional way as described above, you would be interfacing with the Jeeps wire coming from the doorlock rocker switch located on the door panel. When you lock and unlock the doors using the rocker switch you don't get the horn honks therefore interfacing with this wire will also not give you horn honks.
fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2014 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
Hey just wanted to say thanx for all the info that was given. I did some digging around and found another route. Dumby me I dont know why I didnt think of it sooner lol. Press and hold lock button on factory key fob remote for atleast 5 secs then press panic button on fob and release both. No more horn honk when locking doors.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic