icon

09 malibu dball issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
armbruster 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  

Installed a VIPER RS in a Malibu over the weekend but am having issues with the DBALL. I have tried reflashing, a different unit, verified all wiring but still can't get it to to take. I looped the RED / White from the PL plug and the white wire from the ign harness, both verified with multi meter.  

>Red White plug side is hooked up to the Yellow/Red of the DBALL and the car side (BCM) is hooked to ORANGE / Red

>White wire plug side is hooked up the the Orange / YELLOW and the car side (BCM) is hooked up to Violet/Green & Yellow of the DB ALL.

>The Violet/Brown & Brown of the DBALL are tied together

>Light green to OBDII for CAN

I have gotten 2 results:

1) The DBALL will learn the R code as it should but the car will not start, even with the key, and the Passlock indicator lights up. Int this scenerio the keyless entry (convenience) features won't even work.

2) The DBALL will flash orange and the keyless will work but car still won't start via RS but will with the key.

I am stumped and could use some assistance.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2013 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  

Here is my solution, an iDatalink bypass module in W2W mode with the R/S unit :    09 malibu dball issue -- posted image.

09 malibu dball issue -- posted image.

R/S assy in 2011 Malibu, drivers side of center console.

On the serious side, if all of your connections are well soldered, perhaps the Chassis Ground point / connection is the issue.

Did you get the +12V from the BCM?

Another thought is switching over to W2W mode between the DB-ALL and Viper.

Soldering is fun!
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2013 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
kreg is right. Also, not to be a "d" bag, but I have not seen one person on this site with a idatalik/ads bypass that is having issues with their install. Sorry I despise DEI if you couldn't tell. the truth doesn't lie.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2013 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
If you don't know anyone who has had a problem with an Idata product than you need to know more people. With that said it is good product and I personally never use Dball's on that particular platform of GM. I DO however use dball on ALMOST every other one. I sell both modules but overall I find the dball to be a better overall module to work with, but to each there own. I won't ever say someone is wrong to use idata, they make a real solid product, Im just saying they aren't without their faults.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic