viper 5902 mts mode problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xhphantomhx 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ok here is the situation...
I have an '01 Camaro which used to be an automatic which I converted to a manual transmission car. When it was automatic I had a Viper 5902 with remote start installed and everything worked properly.
Now after I switched it to manual, everything works properly when I use it set in automatic mode. The car starts but with me holding the clutch pedal down. I still have not done a clutch switch bypass for it to start by itself.
The problem I have is that I set the alarm to manual mode MTS and do the procedure:
I hold the brake pedal, pull the ebrake, let go of the brake pedal, hit the remote start button on the remote, turn key off and out, open door get out and close door and hit lock button, car turns off but I get reading "Remote start system not available" and 5 flashes from the position lights, which means the brake pedal...I do not understand what the problem is? Everything works fine with the brake pedal and it is connected properly, it worked fine while in automatic mode before...what could be causing this?
Could it be a delayed dome light that is causing this confusion? Or maybe a weak ground from the ebrake? I notice sometimes when I pull the ebrake, I don't get the ebrake light on my dashboard and I have to wiggle the wire connected to the ebrake to which the neutral safety wire is connected from the alarm...but I suppose if this were the case I would get the neutral safety 7 flashes?
Anyone have any idea?
And also to mention, the first time I tried it, it was fine, I did get into MTS mode and it showed the stickshift icon on my remote, but that was only once, no luck since then.
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
The problem might be that the BLACK/ White from the 5902 is connected to ground and it needs to be removed and connected to the Ebrake.
triniforever
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
triniforever wrote:
The problem might be that the BLACK/ White from the 5902 is connected to ground and it needs to be removed and connected to the Ebrake.
If that were the case it wouldn't stay running after exiting the car. My money is on the door trigger. If you used the domelight then there is the delay and it's probably seeing the door open when you are trying to set MT mode (hitting lock). Try waiting until the dome light shuts off before hitting lock and see if that works. You may have to change to a direct door trigger instead of using the dome light (if that is how you have it connected).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
xhphantomhx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
The BLACK/ white is connected to ebrake not ground.
I dont think the camaro has a domelight wire, but I did wait for the dome light to turn off and same thing happens. I don't know how it worked the first time. Why does it flash 5 times?
xhphantomhx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Guys, thanks for trying to help but I found the problem.
It is the dome light. Apparently, when the car is off and you close the door, it takes about 15-20 seconds for the dome light to turn off. But when the car is on such as when I do the MTS procedure I get out and close the door, the dome light turned off right away and I thought it cannot be that. So I tried waiting about 20-30 secs after I close the door, I lock the door and the car shuts down and I am in MTS mode just fine. That was the problem.
Does anyone know how I can do a bypass on the clutch switch with a relay and keep the clutch switch on the Camaro? I don't want the car to be without a clutch switch. What type of a clutch switch system is it? Closed? Open?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
So it sounds like what I suggested worked? lol.
There will most likely be two wires going to the clutch switch. There may be 2 clutch switches though. You want the one that is not activated until the clutch is all the way in (the other is used to disable the cruise control as soon as you move the clutch pedal). Typically the 2 wires are open and become closed (connected) when you press the clutch pedal. You can use a meter to verify. if that is the case, you can use a relay activated by the (-) 2nd start wire to connect the 2 wires together. That way it will only be bypassed during remote start.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
xhphantomhx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
So it sounds like what I suggested worked? lol.
There will most likely be two wires going to the clutch switch. There may be 2 clutch switches though. You want the one that is not activated until the clutch is all the way in (the other is used to disable the cruise control as soon as you move the clutch pedal). Typically the 2 wires are open and become closed (connected) when you press the clutch pedal. You can use a meter to verify. if that is the case, you can use a relay activated by the (-) 2nd start wire to connect the 2 wires together. That way it will only be bypassed during remote start.
Hey,
I had not even read that you posted that before but yes that was the problem. For the clutch pedal, I used the flex relay wire off the Viper to activate the relay because when I tried using the 2nd status wire, the relay was active at all times and the switch was bypassed at all times...weird. How can this be? In any case, that problem is solved.
Now for the domelight problem, I really hate having to get out of the car and close the door and wait 20-30 secs to lock it so that it can turn off. There aren't separate wires for the door triggers and the domelight, it is the same two wires. What can I do to solve this problem? I see there is some domelight supervision wire coming off the Viper unit, what is that used for? I saw something about using a relay with that wire..I don't think I even connected that wire to anything.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic