icon

ignition security system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eslinst 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

I have what is call a ISS ETISSŲ-Ų7+ manufactured by Sound-Off Inc.  It is and ignition security system that allows the engine to continue running after the key has been removed. If someone gets in and tries to put it in gear it will shut the vehicle off and sound the horn. This is mostly used on emergency vehicle like police and EMS.  My problem is that the ISS will not work with a Dodge Durango 2012, due to the wireless integrated node starting system.

I'm wondering if anyone here might know of another product that works in a similiar fashion but from another manufacturer. The unit would have to keep the engine running without the key, no set time period, and disable engine if someone tries to put it in gear. This is accomplished with the ISS using the brake circuit or neutral safety as a secondary kill circuit.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Normally the bypass module would take care of the ignition for a remotes starter. I'm not sure how the ISS unit works but I think it should still be usable along side a bypass module.
Fortin - https://ifar.ca
Xpresskit - http://xpresskit.com
eslinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

Since I posted I started to look at the bypass modules as well. I was looking at several but idatalink versions stated they have one wire tha can be hooked to the bypass module from a remote start. My question is, what is this line. By that I mean is it a -/+ volatage or is it a data line?

With the ISS it has a button that is attached to the dash.  Before you remove the key you push the button. If you push it once the horn will alert and engine shut off when some tries to put it in gear. If you press it twice it just silences the horn alert feature.  I should be able to tap off of my switch for a voltage to either activate the bypass modules or a relay. If I neeed to I can build a voltage regulator ant a lower voltage if the unit is a lesser voltage.  If it is data, well I can create a analog to digital converter, but may have to do some more reading/research.

eslinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
Also, out of the 2 you listed yellow_cake, which one do you recommend? I talked about Idatalink, but that's just the one I ended up reading about at length.  I know about the civilian side equipment but do not install much of it.  I'm actually in the emergency, safety, and law enforcement side of things.   
yellow_cake 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2013 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged  
The wire from the remote start is called "ground while running" or "status output", it is a (-) output that will enable the bypass for as long as it sees ground on that wire.
Any of these brands are okay. Keep in mind for some of these modules you will have to flash it with the proper firmware, which will require a special cable to connect to your computer. Also, Idatalink will only allow a professional shop to register an account (for firmware downloads).
The Fortin units are usually ready to use with most vehicles without needing to flash them, just verify the module hardware and firmware versions meet the minimum requirement of the particular vehicle you're installing in.
yellow_cake 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2013 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
Oh and a lot of the expensive/higher end modules will also provide convenience features through the vehicle's databus (such as door locks, trunk release, etc.). It might be feasible to go with the cheaper units that do the transponder bypass only, since you don't need the extra features.
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
Do you happen to have a copy of the ISS install manual? It may help with determining if a bypass module would work and if it does how you should wire it up.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
rustic_comfort 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have used an Idata module and just run my ground when running to a switch to do what you are looking at doing on multiple squads.
yellow_cake 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2013 at 5:09 AM / IP Logged  
91stt wrote:
Do you happen to have a copy of the ISS install manual? It may help with determining if a bypass module would work and if it does how you should wire it up.
Link to the page: http://www.soundoffsignal.com/product/ignition-security-system
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
This system seems to operate similar to a turbo timer. You should be able to use the auxiliary output as the ground while running (GWR).
White to Bypass Module GWR wire
White / Red - No connection
White / Black to Ground
This way the bypass module is only active when the ISS is running. You need to make sure that the White and WHITE/ Black wires are closed only when the unit is operating.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic