icon

00 chevy 1500 remote start trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
houpy 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
I installed an ultrastart 1172 pro with an xpresskit pljx in my 00 chevy 1500. It starts then dies and puts passlock into long tamper mode. I have double checked everything. My question is... Should the PLJX blue passlock wire go to the ORANGE / black wire in the ignition switch harness or one of the white wires in the orange sleeve? Currently have it on the ORANGE / blk but that isn't working
If it don't feel rite.... It isnt!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 4:09 AM / IP Logged  

Your 2000 Silverado only has the Passlock2 system.  There is no VATS system.  The PLJX Blue wire should go to the

Passlock2 Yellow wire.  The Passlock2 wires should be a group of three, thin gauge wires that are Yellow, ORANGE / Black
and RED / White.  ( In some GM vehicles they are Yellow, Black and White.)  The test for the Passlock2 Yellow wire is :
• With the ignition OFF, the wire tests ±0 VDC
• With the ignition ON, the wire tests in a range from ±1.2VDC to ±4.7 VDC

The PLJX's Black Ground wire should go to the Passlock2's ORANGE / Black ( possibly Black ) Passlock2 Ground reference

wire, not just chassis ground.

Soldering is fun!
houpy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I have it installed the exact way you mentioned. " black to ORANGE / black, blue to yellow. I'm sure the problem is something I've done wrong or overlooked. When programming the PLJX there is no indication to tell if it's programmed rite.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  

I'm not a PLJX user as I prefer the newer Data style bypass modules that connect at Pin 2 of the OBD2 plug.  Going

by the PLJX install guide, the LED should start to blink when it learns the correct resistor / voltage value.  Make sure
all of the connections are properly soldered, that the PLJX jumper is in position B and temporarily open ( cut ) the
PLJX's Brown GWR wire connection to the U1272 R/S's WHITE/ Violet GWR wire.  Then try the Passlock2 programming
procedure again.  If the PLJX's LED doesn't respond as per the install guide, you might have a bad module.  Here is
the wiring for your truck.

PLJX

Brown to U1272 WHITE/ Violet of 3 Pin bypass harness ( connect after PLJX programming is successfully completed )
Green is not used
Blue to truck Yellow Passlock2 wire
Pink to U1272 thick Blue ( that also goes to truck's thick Pink IGN1 wire )
Red to U1272 Red on same 3 Pin bypass connector as the WHITE/ Violet GWR wire
Black to truck ORANGE / Black Passlock2 ground reference wire

The PLJX install guide doesn't mention any type of Reset procedure, but it does say that all the PLJX wire connections

( with the exception of the Brown GWR wire ) should be connected before selecting the Passlock Type with the jumper.
Perhaps removing the jumper, setting it to position A, waiting a few seconds and then back again will allow it program.

Soldering is fun!
houpy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kreg, when initially installing the PLJX.... I connected all the wires "soldered". However, when placing the jumper in position B. I switched the jumper before plugging the harness into the PLJX. This may be my error. Wile programming the PLJX with vehicle running. When i pushed the program button the light was on solid, I held until blinking then released but the light went back to on solid before I got the ignition switched off. I will try changing to position A then to B with everything connected and see what happens. I could be over thinking this one. Thank you.
houpy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Update.... I could not get the PLJX to work. It would put the truck into long tamper mode each time I tried to remote start the truck. I tried 2 different new PLJX modules and had same results with both. I cut the yellow wire and put a 1470 ohm resistor from the yellow wire on the BCM side to the orange black wire. Started truck."it died" left the key on for 10 min until the security light stopped flashing then switched it off, remove key for 10 sec. Repeat 2 more times and the BCM learned the new resistor value and all is well. Starts with the key or remote start with no problems now. "Without using the PLJX"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic