the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

old installer, old truck, jog my memory?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
burntkat 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
... and done!
burntkat 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
(by "done", I meant, I contributed to upkeep. I am still working on this install)
Benching things out, it became obvious I have a dead siren on my hands. Yes I have verified that by attaching 12V to the lead. No joy in Mudville...
So of course, I'm thinking "hey, upgrade!" Since I never cared for any variant of the Revenger 6-tone siren (soft chirp, tones bypassed, what-have-you).
Anyone got suggestions for other sirens to buy since I need one anyway? I am half-tempted to just buy a pair of Hella Supertone horns
(like these: http://www.amazon.com/Hella-SuperTone-Horn-Kit-118/dp/B000CRZXPI), bypass the use of a siren, and have them blatting away in event of an alarm trigger.
burntkat 
Posted: December 23, 2013 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
The obvious question is: "Why is this taking so long for me to do?"
I am awaiting delivery of several pieces, still:
-Avital 4003L add-on remote start
-DEI 520T backup battery
-4-button remotes, as I have lost the remotes that came with this unit in the ensuing years.
-1N4007 diodes (the local Radio Shack literally couldn't find their electronic components. More, they didn't know what a diode is! How freaking useless are they? I have questions, they have blank stares..)
And having now found that my siren is TU, there's not a whole lot of rush to get this thing installed. I have the door pinswitches and dome light working for the first time in almost a decade, this was a huge thing on its own!)
Plus, on top of it all- it's raining. Still!
So I've been using the time I am waiting for parts to arrive doing research, relearning stuff I knew by heart years ago.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic