icon

2004 century remote start no crank

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mpawlus 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to remote start a 2004 buick century. I'm using an avital 4103lx and dball2 bypass module. everything appears to be connected properly, however, the remote starter will not crank. Although if I put the key in the ignition switch an turn it to the run position the remote start will start the car. The db-all2 door locks work as they lock and unlock the doors. The trunk release also works. It appears either the bypass unit isn't 'passing' the correct vats code or I'm missing wire connection or just don't have the wires connected as needed, however, I've tested them and they appear to be correct. This is my 7th remote starter I've done but the first I'm having issues with. Any ideas? Thanks
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
List your ignition connections. It sounds like you are missing one.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
mpawlus 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replay. Here are my wires from the avital to car.
1. pink output to ignition circuit => ignition 1 pink
2. purple output to starter circuit => starter yellow
3. orange output to accessory circuit => accessory 1 orange
4. red 30a high current 12v input => 12v constant red
5. pink/white programmable default to ignition => ignition 2 white
6. red 30a high current 12v input => 12v constant red (same as 4 above). Please note when pressing the start button on the remote and after hearing the avital firing up, if I turn the key to the ignition position the car will start. I read a doc (doc #1039) from directed electronics talking about how the accessory wire has to drop off while cranking via relay. Not sure that is my problem but may try it. The doc goes on about using the remote starters starter output (+) to 86 of the relay and and status output (-) to 85 on the relay, then ignition 2 to 30 of the relay and finally 87a to the accessory wire. This is suppose to drop off the accessory wire while cranking. Not sure if this is applicable to my 04 century but may give it a try. Thanks again for you quick response.
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
I would use meter and see which wire you aren't getting voltage on. Also check the fuses on both twelve volt feeds
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
You can also put a meter on the accessory wire of the starter. It should drop voltage during crank. There is also a 2nd accessory wire in that car that MAY be required to start it. It should be brown at the ignition switch. Test all of your connections at the actual ignition switch (on the vehicle side of your connections) to verify they are all getting the proper voltage during the remote start cycle. Make sure to test on the vehicle side of your connections so it also verifies proper connections at the same time.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
mpawlus 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all your help! It now works. It appears the 2nd ignition wire was powering down during crank attempt therefore preventing it to crank. The 2nd ignition/accessory wire from the remote needed to be programmed to be an ignition wire rather than an accessory wire.   Thanks so much for the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic