icon

in search of alarm starter manual

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
voltswagon 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
Alarm/starter model CA-705 from china distributed by Gobiz company.
No label on the box of the maker.
Gotta be a site to download PDF.
in search of alarm starter manual - Last Post -- posted image.
Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
Do yourself a favor and spend a little extra on a quality unit. That fleabay junk will only give you headache after headache. And they are not typically as protected so when they go bad (not if, when) it could damage your vehicles electrical system and end up costing you a hell of a lot more than you would have spent on a quality unit.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

This reply is not a stubborn comment but:

What price do you consider good? I bought bulldog deluxe 2 way $179. Used for only one winter and now no longer work. Tech said bad $50 remote. Also, aren't most thing made in China?
Anyway, found the cheap manual and would nice to get some help.
Do I need all those relay? The green wire, is that suppose to be TACH? Never seen one that connects to oil wire.
Just wanting to connect starter option. 

in search of alarm starter manual - Last Post -- posted image.

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
A good unit should cost you a few hundred INSTALLED and you will not be able to buy it online. Good manufacturers do not sell their products to places that will sell them without installation because they know how much the installation can affect the unit. If you can buy it online, it is either a low quality brand, or it is a remanufactured good brand... no other way around it.
A couple red flags I see immediately that SCREAM run away from it.
1) Oil light engine status. A quality unit will use a tach signal, and nothing else.
2) I have no idea what is going on with the ignition relay. You should be using the ignition switch 12v wire (depending on the vehicle) and the oil pump is typically mechanical on most vehicles and should have absolutely nothing to do with remote start wiring.
3) The unit appears to have an ignition kill rather than a starter kill. This is extremely dangerous. If the unit were to ever short or something were to go wrong, it could shut your car completely off while you are driving. A sudden loss of power on a highway can cause a major accident.
Disclaimer: Howie pointed out the oil light and screwy starter kill... he gets the credit on those... lol
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for pointing out the RED flag.

I won't be installing on any of my new vehicle then.

You mentioned, good starter is one installed from dealer and shop.

Well, that's why this site exist.  It's for those who wants that DIY.
People who wants to save $.  People who wants the knowledge.
As for me, it's both.  I was to save money plus learn a thing or two from my mistakes and help from forum members.

Local shop here charges $400+ for oneway and $500+ two-way starter.

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
If you are just looking for a remote starter, I have had very good luck with the Viper 5301. Have had one in my wife's Corolla for 5 years now.
What make/model car are you installing?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

As I mentioned before, I had Bulldog Deluxe 500 and I loved it until i cant remote start.  MIGHT need new remote $50 plus shipping.  Mine was LCD display remote.

I had it installed on 05 Chevy Colorado.  I just did the basic install. No windows no locks no nothing.  Didn't even had to install the Tach wire.
I was looking for something cheap with 2way under $100.  To be honest, $50-$60.

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic