icon

05 buick remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ryansrod&custom 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2013 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Had a comeback with an 05 Buick Allure, I installed a AS2371tw w/a DBall. Customer says that clock is not keeping time now, but not all the time, only every 3rd or 4th remote start it keeps reverting back to 12:00. Doesnt real make sense to me what could be happening to cause that, as there is nothing wired in series into the vehicle wiring, only spliced connections, plus there is only 1 ignition wire and 1 accessory wire to hook up. Any thoughts on this?
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
Could the battery in the vehicle be weak, or marginal in capacity? Has the weather been colder than usual...yes i know it's winter. At 0deg C, a battery has approximately 2/3 its capacity but the vehicle requires over 1.5 times the power to start. At -20deg C, less than 40% capacity but over 2 times power is needed. And does the issue duplicate with manually starting?
ryansrod&custom 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure on the battery, ill have to load test when he brings the car in, says it only happens when remote starting, so thinking that is not the issue. I think i might try changing the 12v wires at the bcm(there is 4 to choose from) or even running a 12 volt feed from the battery, maybe the r/s is drawing to much power from the bcm 12v feeds and knocking out power temporarily or something? He also mentioned that the times when the clock issue happens, the air bag light is staying on even when the car is taken over by key, but it will then shut off once restarted by key. That leads me to believe its an accesory wire issue in the r/s brain or loose connection/poor solder joint. I'll have to do some connection checking i guess, first real troublesome install EVER.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
This is interesting. In my wife's 2009 Corolla, with a Viper 5301, I installed a Rosen TY0820 Nav unit and during the winter when she remote starts the car the screen will change to the Spectrum display and the clock is at 12:00.
Happen only during the winter on the first start after it has sat for a day or two, not the summer and not in the winter after it has been started.
Very Interesting. I will have to look at where the Viper is powered from.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic