icon

crime stopper rs4 g4 with evo all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rbooe05 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
Hello all I got a supposedly easy to install cool start crime stopper remote start with evo-all for my 2013 Honda civic 4 door auto trans. I got it all hooked up I think and I'm using the data connection between the two I'm using the bypass with the can high,low,and the data connection an. The door locks. The remote start box I have hooked up the horn parking lights ign, start, start activation. Also the big power plug I have both fat red fused wires hooked up. I'm not sure if I'm missing something but the bypass module set up just fine like the manual but when I go to set up the remote start it doesn't even respond when I push the button 4 times.. did I do something wrong? Also what do I do with the anti grind wire? And what should I do with the trunk pop wire?
rbooe05 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Forgot I also have the bypass module hooked to the ignition wire.
rbooe05 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry I also forgot on my bypass module there is a blue wire that sais it goes to the remote start and it sais "while running". Any ideas where that goes?
rbooe05 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so after playing with this thing I have it to where the remotes are programmed and the lightsblink the horn honks and all that with every button push but it won't lock unlock start or pop the trunk... Can someone please double check me I'm sorry this is long but here are my connections...
Transponder / bypass
Canbus high / low
Data
Pats ignition
Door lock / unlock
Rs4-g4 remote start box
12 volt pos for power and park lights
"real" Ignition
Accessory 1
Starter has blue/orange from small red 3 pin and a big brown wire from the big 6 pin.
Disarm
Anything I'm missing? Thanks a ton!
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
where to start, where to start here...
Ok, you are using the data connection between the Crimestopper and the EVO-All?? If so, in the programming options of the Crimestopper, someplace in the first 10 programmable options should be one that says "data protocol" it needs to be set to "Fortin." Also,You can avoid potential communication problems between the 2 units if you hardwired it instead and loose the data to data connection. This makes it easier to troubleshoot...
2) Did you follow the EVO-All programming instructions to program it to the car? If you did program it, did it program correctly?
3) Did you connect the WHITE/ red & yellow/red from the red 6 pin connector of the EVO-All to ground?
4)Now lets talk about the ignition wires from the crimestopper to the car. The Civic has TWO accessory wires. Did you wire the Gray accessory to the Red Wire in the civic and the Pink/white to the Orange in the civic. If so, did you change the programmable menu option for the pink/white wire to act like an accessory instead of a ignition? it is defaulted as ignition...(or is that a jumper you need to move on that model...hmmm,not sure on that one...)
Pink wire to Blue wire in Civic
Brown Wire to Yellow wire in Civic
5) You do not need to use the red 3 pin plug of the crimestopper at all on the civic. If you have that blue/orange wire off the red connector connected to the thick brown wire you might have blown out the crimestopper...
6) After all is said and done, and you have the lock working, the trunk opening. Test the remote starter... Does it start? does it attempt to start? Is the Green security light flashing if its not starting? Does it start and stall?
7) If it starts and stalls and the green security light isn't flashing while its trying to start, then you haven't learned tach yet. You need to turn the ignition on, press the programming switch 5 times. WAIT. The parking lights will flash back 5 times. After the 5th parking light flash, press the programming button 1 more time. The parking lights will flash 1 time. Press Lock on the remote control. Parking lights will flash 2 times if it learned the tach correctly. If it doesn't learn the tach, it will not flash any lights when lock is pressed. when done, turn off ignition.
Good luck, I'm going to be busy the next few days. I hope I hit all the angles for you.
rbooe05 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
I did not have the pink / white wire hooked up and I did have the blue orange wire hooked to the fat yellow. I didn't program it for the pink / white accessory or for the evo. I did ground the - side of the evo wires for the door locks. I will go ahead and try changing this around in the morning. I really hope I didn't ruin it... It's just odd it acts like it locks and unlocks and starts but nothing happens. Lights just flash like it did.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
In my #2 I also asked if you programmed the EVO successfully as outlined on page 10 of 11 of the EVO's install guide:
Install Guide
rbooe05 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Actually just went out and changed it around. Now pink and white is set to accessory and data is set to the evo. Yes I did program the evo A's it sais. Hold button plug ig release when it goes red then hit again hit again and cycle ignition and it links red then blue and is happy. It still won't lock or unlock no trunk pop and when it goes to start, the lights blink 3 times fuel pump primes and the green key flashes on the dash but it never turns over to start.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
The reason that the crimestopper looks like its working put doesn't is that the EVO is actually supposed to talk to the cars computer and tell it to lock & pop the trunk. So either the crimestopper isn't communicating to the EVO(Data protocol on the crimestopper set to idata instead of Fortin) or the EVO isn't communicating with the car(EVO not programmed as per the install manial or programming failed).
Even after setting the crimestopper's data protocol to Fortin, the data communication between the evo and crimestopper may not be working... I never use the Data wire because it is not perfected and its not worth my time pulling a unit back out to rewire. I always wire the crimestopper to whatever bypass I'm using "wire to wire" to eliminate these potential problem.
Wire to wire means that I wire the crimestoppers unlock wire to the evos unlock wire, lock to EVO'S lock, trunk release to EVO'S trunk release, brake to EVO'S brake... and so on.
oh also there is no need for the disarm wire to be hooked up from the crimestopper to the civic, the EVO will take care of that.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
3 flashes of the parking lights means the crimestopper is in valet mode. Read the instruction book on that one... if its not listed in the install guide, its in the users manual. might want to plug in the LED to help you with that one too, at least temporarily
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic