icon

evo all 2009 civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikedelta 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2009 Honda Civic EXL that I will be adding a remote start to very soon. This is not my first remote start install, however this is the first one Im taking on that has a bypass module.
The items I have acquired are :
Fortin EVO-All bypass (Hardware Vr:6 Firmware Vr: 4.18)
Compustar NU3500 2-Way Remote start & Alarm system w/ CM5000 brain
I have a few questions about this install.
1. I understand the Evo-All can be used as a standalone remote start in some applications, however I havent been able to find out if there is any additional programming, etc. that needs to be done in order to have it function as such. Do I just need to install it and its ready to go? (Just push lock button 3 times and the car will start?)
I would like to keep this install as simple as possible, so If the Evo All can handle the remote start for this vehicle that would be preferred.
2. If I end up using the bypass and the Compustar NU3500...
I have a few wiring diagrams as well as the guide from Fortin,so wire colors, locations, etc. I am pretty comfortable with. The area I am unclear on is order of installation, It seems like there are a lot of redundant connections for both items. What would be the cleanest and/or most reliable way to install this package?
Im aware I can use a 2way datalink connection once I program the option in the CM5000, and that will elminate quite a few connections, but I have seen mixed opinions on the reliability of this method.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Please Advise,
MD
Sorry if this is in the wrong location, or if I have left out any important information.
The wiring information Im using for the EVO-All is guide 3024 Connection 4
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
MD, There does not appear to be a rsr(remote start ready) firmware for the evo-all and your Honda. I believe you will have to install a remote starter, probably the one you mentioned and the evo-all. As far as redundant connections on the evo 20 pin harness most just get wired to the remote starter. Say for instance the footbrake wire output from the evo gets soldered to the footbrake input of the remote starter. The evo is providing the signal so you would not need to also wire to the vehicle.
Advanced
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

1.   While the EVO-ALL can be programmed and installed as a stand alone RS in some vehicles, the 2009 Honda Civic is

not supported.  As an additional issue, the Honda Factory FOB's will not work while the car is running under a remote
start.  I believe the firmware currently loaded onto your EVO-ALL is OK for your application.

2.  Assuming that the NuStart 3500 system uses the Compustar CM5000 brain, two-way D2D is possible between the two

modules.  That would eliminate many connections between the modules and make the install easier.  However, I still prefer
to make all the connections in the W2W, hard-wired method.  This ensures reliable operation.  Mating the two modules on
the bench prior to install will make this easier and keep thing neat. 

Remember that the EVO-ALL diagram does not show many necessary CM5000 wires.  The CM5000 has two external relays

that are somewhat pre-wired to support the Civic's ACC2 and optional ( but useful ) Starter Kill / Anti-Grind circuit.

Sometimes, trying to keep things simple and easy takes longer and yields unsatisfactory results.

As far as install sequence, here is my routine.

1.  Download all the necessary wire diagrams for the vehicle.  Figure out what needs to be connected to where.
2.  Select the most appropriate R/S and bypass modules based on vehicle needs, bypass features and cost.
3.  Bench prep chosen R/S and Bypass in W2W mode. 
4.  Connect +12V PS to R/S assy and program all required options.  Flash bypass module and set bypass module install mode
     if required.
5.  Disassemble vehicle to expose all necessary wires.
6.  Use a computer safe test probe and DMM to locate and verify all wires.
7.  Locate and temp position R/S assy in vehicle with following criteria :
     A. Hidden / safe
     B. Proximity to necessary wire connection points
     C. Away from excess heat / vibration / moving objects ( tilt steering, fans, steering shaft, brake & EBrake mechanisms )
8. Run R/S wires to connection points, trim to length, solder and insulate.
9. Install R/S fuse(s), program bypass module, perform Tach Learn.
10. Test
11.  Secure and neaten system and all wire runs, etc.
12.  Re-assemble and final test.

Soldering is fun!
mikedelta 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
I created a wiring connection list using the template, I am wondering if any of you guys could take a look at it and double check my work before I get started.
Im not sure how to upload or post it here, but I can email it, etc.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
Can you put it on a simple text editor program like Notepad and then cut and paste it into a post?
Soldering is fun!
mikedelta 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
I tried, but it is unreadable like that.
mikedelta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
I just wanted to update that I have successfully installed the mentioned items into my 09 Civic.
Big thanks to Kreg357 for his help!
If anyone needs help with wiring info for this vehicle let me know.
I do still have a couple questions...
Is there a way to disarm the compustar via the factory remote?
From what I understand, the cm5000 can use a single, double, or triple pulse trigger to activate the remote start. What is the most common way to do this using the factory remote?
When I installed this setup, the CM5000 (-)250mA outputs for the horn, and parking lights would not pulse, but kept a continuous ground. I ended up using the (+) Parking light wire, and didnt connect the horn. So its not a problem, but I wondered why this is. Anyone have any insight?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
the factory remotes will disarm the compustar if it was connected via data only.
to activate the remote start via factory fobs, the most common practice is 3locks. With this vehicle you have to keep in mind the factory remotes DO NOT work while the vehicle is started.
If the brain has a constant output for horn/parking lights the brain might be defective.
Hey kreg! just popped by to see what was new with the forums.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic