icon

problems with 2005 ford escape, aps25c

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
compmania 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Installed a Prestige APS25c into a 2005 Ford Escape (no smart key). The car had a dealer add-on at one time, that was later removed.
After install, I could not get the alarm to function. The factory keyless entry works, but the Prestige remotes did nothing. I also cannot get the car to start. When inserting the key, the anti-theft light continues to blink slowly & steadily. Turning to on does nothing and turning it to ignition does nothing. All the lights (head, brake, dome, hazard) still work and the power door locks still work, but the power windows do not work.
I removed the alarm and I adjusted the starter kill so that it's a straight pass through. Checking it with a volt meter confirms that both sides of the starter are powered correctly. The ignition is also running correctly with key function.
I've tried both factory keys, same result. There is no clicking, it does nothing. I checked the small fuses under the hood - all good. I also checked several of the fuses at the center console. They were good, but I didn't check all of them.
The factory alarm went off at one point during the install and I cleared it with the factory remote. My suspicion is that the factory anti-theft immobilizer got triggered and is killing the engine from starting. At first, I thought I screwed up the install by not connecting it to factory alarm disarm, but now I'm not so sure.
Either way, I've got it wired back the way it was before I started working on it and it's still not starting. I tried pulling both battery terminal wires for a few hours, that didn't help either.
Hopefully there is a solution other than having it towed to the dealer? Any help would be much appreciated!
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2014 at 5:07 AM / IP Logged  
You need to start by checking all fuses in all boxes with a meter. Also rotate same size fuses in case of a hairline crack in one. If the theft light is flashing slow it's not an anti theft issue.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
compmania 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2014 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome, it was a fuse on the center console. Used an Ohm meter and found it.
Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic