icon

viper alarm remote not unlocking car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icrunk 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2014 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
I'm in the process of installing a Viper 5704 system into my Mitsubishi evo ix AUS. I've located the power door lock and unlock wires I need to connect the negative output wires. Although they don't work as expected.
I can lock the car up with the viper remote but I can't unlock the car with the viper remote. I've tested the wires that I believe are the lock and unlock wires on the car by using a wire. Grounded one side then tapped the other side onto the power door lock wires and they function just fine. Both unlock and lock.
I've also tested the negative outputs of the viper alarm wiring and I get a negative signal of -3v on both lock and unlock outputs.
Could there be a problem with my viper system? Or am I missing something in the wiring install?
az2008 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2014 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know if it could be related, but on my car (different make) the BCM (body control module) would disable the unlock rocker switches in the armrest. A security feature I guess (so someone can't wedge a rod inside the window and push the rocker switch). When using the factory remote, the BCM would "wake up" when the unlock signal was received and re-instate the unlock rocker switches (and send the pulse to unlock).
But, when using the Viper remote to lock the doors, the BCM created a lockout condition. The alarm's unlock wire had to be connected to a driver's door wire called a "two-turn unlock" wire. This unlocked the driver's door and also woke up the BCM. It recreated what would happen if I put the key in the door and turned it. Then I used another configurable wire to send a second unlock pulse (when the remote is pressed twice) to unlock the remaining doors.
The easiest way to test if this is affecting you is to sit in your car, lock the doors using the factory remote, and see if you can press the unlock rocker switch on the armrest. (I'm assuming your car came with a remote lock feature.).
icrunk 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2014 at 5:15 AM / IP Logged  
That doesn't seem to be the case. I can manually unlock the car inside, it sets the viper alarm off..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic