icon

another viper 5901 rs wiring issue tundra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hybridtoys 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all I have a SR5 2005 Tundra double cab, v8 4x4, there all auto so I guess that goes without saying even though i just did 8-)
I have been struggling with my Viper 5901 RS I have the 18 wire h2 plug Version 5901 for a couple of days and I`m finally Relenting. I like doing all my own wiring its nice to have the pride of saying I did that, but this one is getting to me. 8-)
I did the Python 533 RS on my lady's Aveo and didn't have any problems but this dang Toyota`s killn me! lol
So I'll start out with saying thanks because searching this site has helped me get this far, AKA everythings hooked up and mostly working, I know I'm so close to getting the remote start to work, but I'm confused by the wording on the instructions....
Im primarily using the (Direct wire)wiring key sheet and its almost all there, but I think Im over thinking the wording in the Viper connections sheet...?
I see some Toyota`s use the relay to isolate the ignition wiring. BUT looking at the specified (tip Sheet) it doesn't list my truck needing that. So I must have screwed something up..
another viper 5901 rs wiring issue tundra -- posted image.
I feel dumb but can you walk me through what wires match to what...
Do I need to do the relay? My buddy has a similar alarm/RS on his and it has a relay in the remote start loom?
Any help would be awesome!!!!
As far as the door locks go, I ran diodes to the wires at the BCU Grey and black plug and connected them together like my buddy's but what do I connect those to?
If you look at the quick start key guide I have the (door lock 3 pin connector) wires still left? Is that where whey go? There is only 2 wires I assume you use one or the other and not both?
I`d like the factory style single pulse for just drivers door locks then again for all unlocked.
Also, Ive seen this and it seems just another way to wire the same thing? Or am I seeing double?
So I guess this is where I'm getting confused there's just to much information... Im not sure what way to wire the door locks and my Direct wire instructions just says (See tech doc 1070) is this like the picture above? There's no description of what wires to use...
OK and one last question..... I used the the H2/1 OEM alarm disarm wire to the Key sense wire near the key. I only have keyless entry so I didnt know if I needed to use this wire here?
ANYWAY I know its a lot to ask but anhy help would be so great! thanks for the help!
]:-)
hybridtoys 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Crap I think I may have posted in the wrong forum?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

Viper 5901        2005 Tundra

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT   BLACK/ red  +  ignition switch

H3/2 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2         WHITE/ blue (30A)   +   ignition switch
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT    pink  +  ignition switch
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE )       BLACK/ white  +  ignition switch,
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)          BLACK/ white  +  ignition switch,
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT          WHITE/ red (25A)   +   ignition switch
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT                BLACK / YELLOW  +  ignition switch
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A        not used
H3/9 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED (30A) ACC/STARTER INPUT               WHITE/ blue (30A)   +   ignition switch
H3/10 NC (no connection) NC

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

Those four wires that are diode isolated and then joined together are the (-) Door Trigger input for the Viper 5901.

They go to H1/8 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
The door lock relay / diode diagram from Bulldog Security is similar to the TechTip 1070 diagram.  Here is a link :
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=661   You might want to consider getting a Directed TOYDL module or
an XK01 flashed with TOYDL firmware.  It will save you some time, relays, door disassembly and wiring.  Here is a link :
http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=305
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Does your truck have a Factory Alarm?  That is purpose of the connection to the Keysense wire.  It is typically done with the (-) 2nd Status wire from the Viper.
Soldering is fun!
hybridtoys 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! I'm on it!
hybridtoys 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and no alarm or immobilizer the immobilizer didnt come on the tundra till 2006. I only have keyless entry...
hybridtoys 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2014 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  
Well all done! Works awesome... BUTTTTT 8-) The remote start gives me an error message... Im pretty sure its because the Tundra doesnt have an electrical Neutral safety switch but uses a cable instead. So I think I need to switch it to Manual trans mode?
So we will see tomorrow!
Thanks again guys!
kreg357 
Posted: January 07, 2014 at 5:48 AM / IP Logged  
First, verify that your truck will not start with the key if the transmission is in any position other than Park and Neutral.
That is pretty much built in to all new auto trans vehicles.  If that test works, then program the Viper for Transmission
Mode = Automatic and connect the H2/18 wire to Chassis Ground.  Also make sure the Neutral Safety Switch is plugged
in and set to ON.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic