icon

2013 Dodge Journey Stereo Wiring Info?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
travis9935 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2014 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  
Hello all, I have a 13' Dodge journey sxt with 4.3 inch stereo with sat radio, I am looking to install amps and a audio control OEM integration unit, the problem is I can't find any info on where the best place is to tap into the speaker wires for the high level speaker input for the audio control level input convertor part.
powerslave 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
The radio has high-level outputs. You can splice into them before the amplifier, or at the back of the radio itself at the harness.
travis9935 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2014 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I'm aware of that, wondering if anyone has done this yet and where would be the easiest place to get at them, rather than pulling apart the whole center stack.
powerslave 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2014 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
I put my HI-LO in, and spliced the wires right at the factory harness, but I have plenty of room back there, and mean LOTS of room.
There is no EASY place to get them before the factory amplifier. However, you can still use a HI-LOW adapter anywhere after the amp too. My Hi-LO is rated at 80 watts per channel.
SO, if you wanted, you can put a HI-LO in the trunk, splice into the existing speaker wires there, then to the HI-LO, then from the HI-LOW to your aftermarket AMP then to your new speakers.
That is the function of the HI-LO adapter, as long as it can handle the high levels coming in, you can put it before or after the factory amp.
travis9935 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
The 4.3 doesn't have a amplifier, anyone have any info on the dash removal? Looks like a pita.
powerslave 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2014 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
It's one whole piece from the two center vents, to the gauges.   It should snap/pry off. You may need an interior pry-set to remove that one whole bezel.
They are not HARD to get off, you just have to be careful.
travis9935 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2014 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
What kind of hi/lo convertor did you use? Did you add a amp just for sub or for door speakers to? You speak of a factory amp where would that be?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2014 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
if you are using any kind of factory integration unit(audio control, etc) then that should serve as the hi/lo adapter. all you should have to do is run each speaker wire from the radio or amp straight to the audiocontrols inputs and let it do the rest of the work changing it to RCAs for your aftermarket amps. by using a hi/lo converter AND the integration unit all that is doing is reducing the audio quality and overcomplicating your system.
if you dont have a factory premium system, infinity or boston acoustics, then you likely dont have a factory amp. if you had this then it would say infinity or boston acoustics somewhere on the inside of your car, probably on the doors or pillars.
if you do have the premium system then the amp could be anywhere. some common places are under the seats, behind the glove box, in the rear interior quarter panels, or maybe under the center console.
travis9935 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
I have a Audiocontrol LCQ-1 wired to the factory speaker outputs coming out of the stereo, all is wired correctly, not getting a signal, the amp and ac are turning on and there's a slight noise but no sound! Like there's no signal!
travis9935 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I'm calling bs to those that claimed to use a hi/lo output convertor with the speaker leads coming out the back of the stereo, there's no signal at all! I frickin hate dodges Canbus crap!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic