icon

01 dodge ram 1500 with avital 4103

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsl6v8 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2014 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
Ok finally got to work on this a little, went through and labelled the wires and ran into a problem with the Ignition wire and the secondary ignition wire.
01 dodge ram 1500 with avital 4103 - Page 2 -- posted image.
The wiring diagram I have for the 2001 ram 1500 labels the ignition wire as being dark blue, but as you can see in the photo there are 2 dark blue wires, one is a higher gauge than the other so I imagine that one is the ignition but I'm not sure
01 dodge ram 1500 with avital 4103 - Page 2 -- posted image.
Same situation with the secondary ignition wire which is suppose to be BLACK/ orange.
I plan on testing all the wires before making connections anyway but I'm not sure what I should expect to see and when to see it different from the primary ignition and secondary ignition wires.
Also my parking light wire is labelled as behind my headlight switch, getting to the switch is a pain which isn't such a big deal the problem is how do I then get the wire up there or get the harness down to connect it to the unit, looks like I'd have to completely disassemble the whole dash, unless someone knows where I can access this wire from somewhere below the steering column.
The doors still has me a bit apprehensive, it looks like I'll have to undo the connector that goes from the body of the truck through the door so I can access the wires, just apprehensive about cutting the power lock wire, but I'll get over that. Probably going to test the wires and start making connections over the next couple days if I can find the time.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic