icon

About to do my first alarm install!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sr2003 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2003 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
I am doing lots of research before I tackle the alarm I just got (I got a Hornet 554t 2way). Me and my dad are going to do it, and we have the electronic knowledge to do it, but like sensor placement, and a 1...2...3... ect step by step process is what we are lacking. The book basically gives me wiring instructions, not an order to do it, or anything like that, or where to place stuff. I got my trucks wiring colors, I think I should probably go out tommorow and just work on it. I don't think its going to be too difficult. I guess I'm just looking for common pitfalls people experience while installing an alarm of this type or any type on these trucks.  BTW, I drive a regular cab 94 Chevy K1500 Full size pickup.
Thanks,
Steve
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
well steve its not really that hard...........
just match up the wires blow to the proper alarm wire.
make sure you use good way of connecting the wires together. dont just wrap then around and tape. you will be tied up by your toes.
Make:   Chevrolet
Model: Pickup - Fullsize
Year:    1988-94
This Database Was Last Updated On:    10/7/02
Index #: 6528
Alarm
Constant 12 volts RED AND RED IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 volts PINK IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter PURPLE - AUTOMATIC TRANS. / YELLOW - MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Dome Light WHITE (-) PIN SWITCH OR AT COURTESY LIGHT
Trunk Pin Switch N/A
Parking Lamp BROWN (+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
Power Lock LT BLUE BEHIND AND BELOW DRIVER #203
Power Unlock BLACK/ RED SPEAKER IN DASH
#203- See Reversal Rest At Ground Door Lock Diagram
Remote Start
Tach Signal WHITE AT DISTRIBUTOR OR IGNITION COIL
Ignition #2 ORANGE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (HEAT-A/C)
Ignition #3 N/A
Accessory BROWN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (RADIO/WIPER)
Neutral Safety ORANGE / BLACK (-) AT SWITCH ON STEERING COLUMN
Brake Light WHITE (+) AT SWITCH ON BRAKE PEDAL BRACKET
Reverse Light LIGHT GREEN (+) AT SWITCH ON STEERING COLUMN
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
djmt99 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  

If you plan on wiring keyless entry, have fun! They can be very confusing for those who have not yet had the experience of wiring a K/E system. Let us know, and good luck!!

silverbullet18 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

Hey I just installed the Hornet 554T in my ford focus.  I have only hooked up the alarm so far and it wasn't that hard at all.  I just ordered the bypass for the clutch so I can wire up the remote start.  Is there anyone that can give me a wiring chart for a 2002 Ford Focus LX?  I just need the wire colors for the remote start, b/c I do not want to mess anything up, lol.  Thanks, lata.

I have a 2002 Ford Focus Sedan.
Jamie
Sr2003 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, sat down and wrote everything out, what goes where, and sort of a plan of attack.  I have a few questions for you all, my truck is factory power windows and locks, and no factory alarm or security.

The questions:

1)  Do I need to hook up the ground when armed wire?  I don't exactly know where or what it is?  It says its orange and prewired to 8618 module?

2)  Where are domelight supervision relays usually?  I have no clue where mine is.

3)  Do I need Harness 2 at all?  It is wait to start (diesel), factory security disarm, and optional channel 4.

I think thats it for now.  I'm sure I'll have more questions, but for now, these will get me started!

Thanks,

Steve

Sr2003 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  

Also, where is my "Access code" on my box to get in to the Do-It-Yourself part of the Hornet website?

Steve

CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
The orange "ground when armed" wire comes prewired to the starter kill relay that came with your hornet alarm. The relay should have an orange wire, a thick black, a thick green, and a yellow wire. connect the yellow wire to the ignition wire in your truck(a thick pink wire) and the green and black wires should be attached to your starter wire. Cut the purple starter then try to start the truck, if you cut the right wire, the truck will not start. Now connect one end of the wire you cut to the green wire, and the other end to the black wire. After doing this your truck should start as normal now.   As for the domelight supervision relay, those dont come in your truck. Its similar to the starter kill relay. Its an aftermarket relay that you wire up in order for your interior lights to come on when you disarm the alarm. Personally, I dont think its worth the trouble, just dont worry about that wire, just leave it unhooked (Unless you really worried about having the domelight come on when you disarm the alarm).   And as for that small harness with the diesel and fact security wires, most likely you wont even need to use that harness unless you wire up something to the channel 4 output of the alarm.
Sr2003 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks!!  Just the info I needed.

Steve

D_mac05 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  

Got a question, off of SR2003's again.

Where is the Access Code located in order to get the DIY (Do It Yourself) directions off the hornet website?

Also, if my vehicle already has a factory Keyless Entry system, which turns on the lights when unlocked, there should be a relay for that, that I could possibly use, since I won't be using the K/E now (Have the 554T Hornet to be installed soon).    Thanks for the help

D

Mr_Kite 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
I dont think there is do it your self directions.  Just installed the 554t myself, the web site is for dealers only......      Too bad .......
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic