icon

ghost lights 09 f150 supercrew

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
user error 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2014 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
Looking for wiring schematics for the 09 f150 supercrew fx4 with all the power goodies but Nav... Specifically looking for a constant 12v in each front door that isn't affected by a computer and where the closest place to grab the switched ground from the front door pins pre-computer. Looking to wire them independent for each door if possible so they both don't light up when either door is opened. I know I can catch the dome light supervision wire near the right A pillar to activate both at once if needed but would rather them not come on with the key fob, only actual door open situation and not affecting the computer.
powerslave 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2014 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
IF the door pins share a common ground, which is the body of the car, and they usually do; you will have to diode isolate each door pin to get your independent lighting, and that may effect your factory alarm or other.
There are usually no constant 12V or IGN 12V in the doors anymore. You will have to run one.
user error 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2014 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
powerslave wrote:
IF the door pins share a common ground, which is the body of the car, and they usually do; you will have to diode isolate each door pin to get your independent lighting, and that may effect your factory alarm or other.
There are usually no constant 12V or IGN 12V in the doors anymore. You will have to run one.
Thanks for the attempt... but none of your statement above is true, Any vehicle these days that an LCD read out has independent door pins. They are all isolated thru one or more MICU's or some equivalent. This is how they tell you right front door open, ect. They all use the body ground but it's where they transmit that ground that matters. Also many vehicles have a puddle light or entrance light that had a constant 12v and is switched with the ground via the MICU. Hence why I asked for the schematic.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2014 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
The F150 will have battery power in the driver's door, check at the power mirror switch. But of course it won't have that present in the passenger door. The door latch switch(es) operate in reverse of what may deemed as conventional. The latch wire will show a ground when the door is closed, open circuit when open. This would require circuitry to reverse its operation for your intended purpose. The puddle lights and interior light circuits are independent outputs on the SJB, however they aren't independent left/right puddle light outputs.
Mark
powerslave 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2014 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
Good thing I said "IF" then, huh? I forget about new cars... I just did an old Van, and still had that in memory, they all share the same ground, and remembered the alarm install if I wanted to isolate them...
My Charger doesn't have puddle lights, so it's not part of MOST cars.
When I need a thematic, I extensively search the net for a Factory Service Manual. I usually find them on an enthusiasts site like this, dedicated to the model. I have FSMs for my previous Avenger, my previous Jeep, and now my Charger. I was able to find them eventually, it just took some time, but I got them.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic