icon

01 mdx, eonon g2104 steering wheel control

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jas_Stang 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed an eonon g2104 head unit in my 01 acura mdx non navigation base model. The eonon has steering wheel control compatibility with sw1 and sw2 wires. Not sure where to tie those in. I used a raptor harness 98 honda pwr/4spkr. Any advice on how to get steering wheel controls to work.
Jason Huffman
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,679
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
What is referring to SW1 and SW2? Is there an 1/8 inch jack to plug a sterring wheel control module?
jas_Stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2014 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
No there are two wire leads coming from the stereo harness labeled sw1 and sw2. There is a menu option to program your switch function to the radio by long pressing the button. Idk if that helps
Jason Huffman
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,679
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 16, 2014 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
With any steering wheel control module there are vehicle specific instructions that will tell you which wire(s) to catch. Some vehicles require you to ground another wire, and possibly use a resistor as well. Are there any vehicle specific instructions with the Eonon unit?
jas_Stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2014 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
No the wiring instructions were very basic with the unit. The metra install kit came with the harness and it was very detailed but had nothing for steering wheel controls. I believe there was a couple of wires on the car side that the adapter had blank. I believe it was GREEN/ red and can't remember the other. Was hoping someone was more familiar
Jason Huffman
jas_Stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2014 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
I got it figured out today. I pulled the stereo and harness out. I had an unused wire in the harness for dimmer so I removed it including pin and relocated it to terminal 3 and reinserted in harness. This is a GREEN/ red stripe vehicle wire for steering wheel controls. I hooked it up to sw1 of my eonon g2104 and reinstalled. Went into settings, steering wheel controls, and was able to program volume up, down, and mode buttons. All work flawlessly now. Thanks
Jason Huffman

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic