icon

06 uplander remote start issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
atish 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2014 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked up a avital 5303 and xk06 remote start to a 06 uplander and everything seemed fine but it gives a check engine light with all types of obd and evap codes when remote started. autozone turns the light off and car is fine no light. remote start it , sometimes a rough first start and check engine light comes on. Customer doesn't want to pay if light is on and it shouldn't be. I know the starting disable and service security light come on until key is insterted but it shouldn't throw the light on. I will have the van back tom and will try to reflash the xk06 or use a dball which seem the same both date wire installs
I got 12 volt in pass kich behind fuse box and ignition pink start yellow and acc brown in ignition harness. Should I use the bcm pin wires instead?
He said the keys are cheap to copy and I could use the extra key method if that is possible. It says transponder system so could I test the remote start by just putting the key in and starting without turning the key?
Any help or comments are appreciated. Racked my brain and the auto zone guy is sick of me getting the light off, might be time to get a obd scanner, lol
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2014 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
I've never had this issue but, I remember finding a dk.green 2nd ignition wire on some Uplander's but not everyone i've done. I know tech documents don't list a 2nd ignition but it might be a option to tear the vehicle down to the ignition switch and make sure everything is getting powered during remote start.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
daflipcyde 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
You might have red and green resistor wires reversed.
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2014 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Did the xk06 program ? Where did you get the data wire ? There are a bunch of pink wires in the ignition harness did you get the right one? I would change the bypass to an idatalink CA module . In my opinion it's a better bypass and their failure rate are extremely low .
triniforever
atish 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2014 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you guys. I don't have resistor wires on the bypass, just purple from the xk06 to the purple obd wire. I swapped out the xk06 today and the remote start works fine however there is still a check engine light. He is going today to get it cleared and just use the key to start and see if the light comes on. The code is evap which I think is unrelated. I do remember it not being on before I worked on it so I think I set it off somehow. It had a weird hard crank that didn't start on 1st remote start but did on the second. I think that may have set it off. Does anyone recommend a certain odb2 scanner that clears check engine lights? I know they have some at autozone and harbor freight but wanted to check with guys that use them.
I did think it was a different pink wire but the other one didn't test as ignition. If the light goes back on with the remote start I am going to try and use the wires in the bcm instead of ignition harness, I just always prefer ignition harness, gm bcms are touchy.
I appreciate all of your input, the customer does think it is a coincidence that it came on when I worked on it and it wasn't on before. He did seem happy with the remote start functioning and said there were no issues with it so I am leaning towards a loose wire that I knocked loose or something actually wrong with his evap since the code seems unrelated to something a remote start would trip.
I will update later to find out if the key sets the light off once its reset without using the remote start for a day or two.
Thanks again!1

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic