2003 acura mdx bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
andre3wap 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
Hello Guys,
I have a 03 Acura MDx, I installed the python 5103P alarm system with auto start, that works perfectly fine.
However, I am trying to install a bypass module and it's not working out, I programmed it properly and when I click the auto start button on the remote, the car turns over an shuts off and the key kept blinking on the dash.
According to the Bypass manual, it says the connections from the bypass should go to a connection behind the ignition Switch on a 7 pin connector labeled (1-7), I located a 7 pin connector behind the ignition switch, when I reference the wires on the connector with the one on the bypass module, a few wires are off. but the ignition wire and the data wire match.
I'd appreciate any help; pictures, guides, videos etc Thanks guys
:crook:
The bypass module is a: DEI Xpresskit PKH34 Bypass Essentials Immobilizer
Bypass wiring diagram :http://www.bypasskit.com/Manuals/698_PKH34_H01_S01_D01_I_EN.pdf
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
Could you list the wire you have connected from the PKH34 to what on the car.
The wire from pin 5 should be cut.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
andre3wap 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:
Could you list the wire you have connected from the PKH34 to what on the car.
The wire from pin 5 should be cut.
On the car, behind the ignition key, there is a green 7 plug connector.
I found the data wire, connected that fine:
(Violet wire, Bypass side -> Red wire, car side)
I also found the Ignition wire:
(Orange wire, Bypass side -> GREEN / WHITE wire, car side)
On the car side, according to the PKH34 wiring diagram, the security light wire is "Blue/Orange" I do not see that wire on the 7 pin ignition connector, I see a pink wire in that position, so I cut it and connected the pink wire and the pink & white wire from the bypass module according to the diagram. (clarify for me?)
I also grounded the Bypass Black wire to the car steering column at first, and then I grounded it to the correct wire on the car 7 pin connector, still no luck.
There are a few unused wires on the bypass side, there is a Brown wire that should be connected to the car alarm system which is used to send   a status output telling the bypass that the vehicle is about to start? I didn't connect that brown wire anywhere, I learned of that today on YouTube.
Thanks for the reply...
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
That PKH34 Brown (-)GWR wire is probably your problem. It must be connected to the Pythons' Dark Blue (-)200mA Status Output. That is the signal the Python sends to the PKH34 to turn on it's bypass output.
Soldering is fun!
andre3wap 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
That PKH34 Brown (-)GWR wire is probably your problem. It must be connected to the Pythons' Dark Blue (-)200mA Status Output. That is the signal the Python sends to the PKH34 to turn on it's bypass output.
Thank you for that, I will attach it back to the truck againa nd try it.
What about the pink wire that isn't referenced on the bypass wiring diagram ? How can I verify that the pink wire is the correct one, other than it being in the 5 position where the Blue/Orange should be, according to the Bypass diagram?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Sometimes, you have to cheat a little. I typically will check the install guides from other bypass modules to confirm wire colors and
locations. Some manufacturers guides are more detailed and as long as they are referring to the same transponder connector, you
should be OK. Usually, the worst case scenario is they start counting pins from the other side of the plug. Here is info from iDatalink,
which is almost always extremely accurate.
MDX 03-06
Ignition  7 pin transponder plug, Pin 6     GREEN / WHITE (+)
Data7 pin transponder plug, Pin 2     Red (DATA)
Security Led       7 pin transponder plug, Pin5      Blue/Orange
Soldering is fun!
andre3wap 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Hi man, On the 7 pin connector, there's a pink wire in the 5th spot, instead of the Blue/Orange.
I am going to pull the dash apart again and look if there's another 7 pin connector with all the colors.
If there is no other, what would you recommend me to do?
Thanks
kreg357 
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, this could be a first ( iDatalink is wrong ).  2003 acura mdx bypass -- posted image.   Going by this Fortin EVO-ALL guide, it lists the wire at the 7 Pin transponder plug,
Pin 5, as Pink.   https://ifar.ca/download/12091/evo-all_honda_acura.rev-20131031.pdf   See the Connection Type 3 for the 2003 -
2006 MDX.  It also has a diagram of the ignition cylinder for plug location.
Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Idatalink list pin 5 as Blue/Orange. (www.idatalink.com)
Fortin list pin 5 as Pink. (www.ifar.ca)
You could also try wirecolor.com. You will have to pay for that site access. Usually around 5 bucks for one vehicle access.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
look at this document. I have done a few MDX without issues.
https://ifar.ca/download/7721/honda-sl3_installation_guide.rev-x.pdf
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic