icon

2005 colorado avital remote start wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tejarillo 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Update I have the white wire for the flash light connected to the brown and white in headligh switch and change the pin on the brain to change the polarity of the output but the lights won't flash when unlocking or locking the truck anyone please help
spyderelcd 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2014 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going to install this tomorrow and will update when I complete it. I will try your method with the PLJX also. And with your light flash I think there is two BROWN / white wires in the harness back there one is for the interior light. Check the picture on the previous post and make sure the BROWN / white wire your using is in the same spot as the one in the picture
tejarillo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
One small question does your avital brain makes a click sound when pushing the remote start button because mine doesn't make a sound or even a light flash when I press it. I think I might have a bad avital brain.
tejarillo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Update: I'll missed to ground the thin BLACK/ white wire in the satellite harness now the truck does tries to run but no cranking on the engine happens all accessories runs but no cranking so after a while it just shuts off any input guys please help
tejarillo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry for Stealing your post.:-)
I think I got everything connected the right way and still don't have enough cranking time for the truck to start. At first I got no crank when pushing the remote start then I read somewhere else that turning your key to the ON and OFF position 3 times back and forth sometimes would work, I tried it and actually got some movement on the starter but for less than a second.
I'm confused since I'll have to turn the key to the OFF and ON position to get any cranking.
Other thing is that the lights will turn on only when its dark.
Anyone have any ideas please help
tejarillo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2014 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ok a lil update I manage to hook up everything I double check and truck sometime cranks and stays on running for a second then dies I think that the culprit might be the tach wire because when I have it connected it doesn't crank but when I leave it unconnected it cranks and runs for a second then dies any ideas on how to fix it.
Spyderlcd do you fix your remote start.
spyderelcd 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2014 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry I got tied up with weekend and didn't do the install. Hoping to do it this weekend when I do I will let you know how it goes
spyderelcd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2014 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  

UPDATE.. I installed this over the weekend and had everything working great. So i was mounting the two modules under the dash when I noticed the power connection for the PLJX wasn't secure enough for my liking. So I redid the connection disconnected the brown wire on the PLJX and reprogrammed it since it lost the programming when I redid the power connection. Now when I hook the brown wire back up to the status output blue wire on the Avital the dash lights come on and the radio turns on. Nothing else works anymore and the car won't start even with the key. So i disconnected the brown wire and left everything else hooked up and the car will start with the key now. I have rechecked all of the connections and they are all fine. I have unplugged all the plugs from the avital and the pljx and plugged them back and and did another reprogram on the pljx and the same thing happens. Anybody have any ideas as to what can be wrong now? I'm stumped. Like I said I had everthing working the autostart the door locks the horn and the lights and now nothing works. Please help!!! 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic