07 ford focus, viper 5704 and pkfm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
denistm 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2014 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
HI,
I'M installing (VIPER 5704 SECURITY AND REMOTE START) and XPESSKIT (PKFM-PKFORD)for 2007 FORD FOCUS.
1. I have 1 key with chip and 1 key without chip to open door. And it say 2 valid key required for programming... IS it possible program bypass with only one key? Can I use same key twice?
2. To W2W From REMOTE STARTER TO BYPASS MODULE. THERE IS 2 STATUS OUTPUT ON REMOTE STARTER GWR- (2.BLUE/WHITE AND 5.DARK BLUE) Which one I have to use or do I use both wires to connect bypass module.
Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,785
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2014 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

Your 2007 Focus has the PATS3 immobilizer system.  You will need two unique, working keys to program the PKFM bypass module.  There is a way to do it with one key but you would need a different bypass module ( EVO-ALL ) and a $60 USB FlashLink cable.

You can use either (-) Status Output wire, but you need only one for the connection to the bypass module in W2W mode.

Soldering is fun!
denistm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2014 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you,
I think get chip key from ACE for $50 better.
Where i can get cheaper key with chip ?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2014 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
The chip key from ACE will be a clone of the working key, not a unique transponder chip key.  It still won't allow you to program the PKFM.  You can get a blank  transponder key off EBay for $7 but it will need a dealer scan tool for programming to the Focus.
Soldering is fun!
denistm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I'm about to install (VIPER 5704 SECURITY REMOTE START) and XPESSKIT (PKFM-PKFORD)for 2007 FORD FOCUS.
I'm looking at my vehicle wiring diagram there is three things I confused.
Could you tell me how to wire them.
1. Keyse (RED / Black -) @ignition switch hardness
2. Lock motor wire (Yellow/Black 5-wire type) in drivers kick panel.
3. Tach
Thanks.
kreg357 
Posted: January 26, 2014 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged  

1.  Keysense    I don't think you need to connect Keysense on that vehicle for a basic install.

2.  If have factory power door locks, you will connect the Viper to these wires to control the locks :

POWER LOCK          BLACK/ RED (TYPE B)   IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL or GEM, GRAY Plug, Pin 15 
       POWER UNLOCK     BLACK / YELLOW (TYPE B)       IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL or GEM, GRAY Plug, Pin 21 

3.  Tach wire    Connect the Viper to either of these locations in the engine compartment :

Tachometer        BLACK/ stripe (ac) @ any fuel injector
       TACH       BLACK/ GREEN or BLACK/ ORANGE (AC)           @ IGNITION COIL

Soldering is fun!
denistm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2014 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 thank you for help.
what is LOCK MOTOR WIRE ???
and from where to where is wire it
thanks a lot
kreg357 
Posted: January 26, 2014 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  

The Lock Motor wire usually listed in the wiring guides is for the drivers door lock motor.  It is actually a solenoid that is

used to lock and unlock the doors' physical lock mechanism.  Very basically, when you press the lock button on your factory
remote, it transmits a signal to the car, the car receives the signal and sends a data command to the BCM ( or GEM ) that, in
turn, sends a signal to the door lock controller that controls the lock motor via the motor wire ( and others ) listed.   While
there are some uses for this wire, I'm not sure you need it for your basic 5704 install.  That is why I answered your question
#2 with the wires the Viper 5704 will use.   The Lock Motor Wire typically is used for "add-on" remote start units that watch for
several lock pulses in a row to know it's time to initiate a remote start.

For more info, here is a relay set-up that is used to control the door lock actuator :

07 ford focus, viper 5704 and pkfm -- posted image.

And here is the actuator ( aftermarket DEI 524 two wire ) :

07 ford focus, viper 5704 and pkfm -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
denistm 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Good Evening !
I have trouble with installing Viper 5704v for ford focus 2007 pkford bypass module.
•     Remote start not working. I have programmed it to automatic transmission. After minute it say remote start error(never starts).
•     Couldn’t program bypass module , followed exact instruction.
•     Now car doesn’t accept original key, security lights ON.
1.MAIN HARNESS 6 PIN
•     RED (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT   =RED (+)
•     BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND =GROUND
•     BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT = ***I DIDN’T CONNECT
•     WHITE/ BROWN PARKING LIGHT ISOLATION WIRE = ***I DIDN’T CONNECT
•     WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT = ORANGE / YELLOW(+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
•     ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT = ***I DINT CONNECT
2. Harness 24-pin connector
•     DARK BLUE STATUS OUTPUT =Brown: (-) GWR (status) Input (BYPASS)
•     12 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT = ****I DIDN’T CONNECT
•     BLACK/ WHITE NEUTRAL SAFETY/PARKING BRAKE INPUT=GROUNDED
•     GREEN/ BLACK FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT = BLACK/ WHITE (-) AT GEM
•     GREEN (-)DOOR INPUT door trigger wires BLACK/ BLUE (-)YELLOW/BLACK (-) AT GEM
•     BROWN (+)BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT = GREEN/ RED (+) AT BRAKE PEDAL
 3.Remote Start, 10-pin connector
•     PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT =GREEN/ YELLOW (+)
•     ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT = YELLOW (+)
•     VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL=GRAY/BLACK (+) CAR SIDE
•     GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL) GRAY/BLACK (+) KEY SIDE
 4.PKFM-PKFORD
W2W CONNECTION
•     Brown: (-) GWR (status) Input = DARK BLUE STATUS OUTPUT (REMOTE STARTER)
•     Green: TX Output =3 TX(PATS 3B)
•     Pink: RX Output = 4 RX (PATS 3B)
•     Orange: (+) Ignition Input = IGNITION (PATS 3B)
•     Red: (+) 12 V Input = + 12 v
•     Black: (-) Chassis Ground*
Thanks for help.
kreg357 
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Did you connect the thick Red and RED / Black wires of the H3 harness to +12V constant?
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic