icon

identifying remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zook327 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I'm new to the forum seen but worth a try! I recently purchased an 05 Nissan Titan used obviously, and upon driving it home noticed a little black box with an antenna coming out of it above the rear view mirror. My question is I've had a truck with this same sort of box before and that truck had a remote starter and I'm assuming this is some kind of receiver for one as well! When I start the truck 2 blue LEDs flash every time it starts,and it also has a little button in the center of it! I've pushed it and it doesn't seem to do anything! I have no remote that came with it just a key,so what I'm wondering is there anyway to identify this or find the control box to get a remote so I can use it? The only # I can find is on the side of this box above the mirror it is 41800310. Any help would b greatly appreciated I'd love to be able to use it thanks
Zook
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
Most likely its an alarm, but also could be a remote starter too. If you can find the brain, which most likely is underneath the dash, then you can get the brand/model number from it and find compatible remotes for it. You will also need to program the remotes.
zook327 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply! I looked under the dash where I thought it would b but diddnt see anything that looked added or aftermarket under there! Does the # that I posted that I found on the side of the transmitter tell u anything? As I said it's being powered by something because the LEDs light up every time i start it so I'm assuming it's still connected to the brain somewhere!! Thanks if u can help
Zook
tejarillo 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2014 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Look underneath the passenger dash and maybe where the radio is, might be inside there. some real pros try to make and look everything stock so they hide everything as good as possible. If they took the brain out then the lights wouldn't flash.
zook327 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2014 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks I'll try looking again I've seen some boxes underneath the drivers side and the passenger side but they looked like belonged there!! Lol so I'll see what I can come up with! That was my thinking as well if the lights on the antenna are lighting up that means it's still being powered by the brain! Any ideas what the button on it would be for by chance? Thanks again
Zook
tejarillo 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2014 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Remove the antenna wire should have a quick connection and follow it and see where it takes u
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2014 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  

hold your cell phone under the dash in a few places snap some pics and post them. maybe we can spot something out of the ordinary.

is there a sticker under the hood warning that there is a remote start installed.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 27, 2014 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
zook,
That feature where the LED flashes to tell you there are two remotes programmed to the system----I'm pretty sure that Omega invented (and patented) that idea.
Some time ago, Audiovox bought Omega, and the Audiovox units have this same feature now too. At least the Pursuit and Prestige brands from Audiovox have it......they also own Code Alarm now, but I haven't had much experience installing them.
So anyway, looks like your two best bets are Omega and Audiovox.
I just looked at a Pursuit antenna, and the number on its sticker is nowhere near the number you posted, although it does have the same amount of digits.
Here's what I would suggest:
1: Look up online sale listings for any of these: Prestige APS57C APS57CA APS901C APS687C APS787C. Look for a listing with lots of photos, and take note of the appearance of the antenna as well as the main black "brain" box.
2: I'm not familiar with Omega part numbers, but do the same for the Omega brand.
3: Try to at least figure out if you have an Audiovox or Omega antenna.
4: In your Titan, if you don't see anything aftermarket under the dash, I have a second idea as to where the brain could be mounted.
On the left side of the dash, on the lower panel in front of you knee, there are a few switches mounted there. Look on the bottom edge of the panel, and you'll see two Philips screws.
That entire panel is held in place by clips on the top edge, and the two screws on the bottom.
Pop the top edge just loose enough to make a crack where you can see inside. See if the remote starter brain is stuffed in behind those switches. If it is, undo the two screws and pull the panel down, and note any labels on the brain. Even better, get pictures of it.
zook327 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks all for all the help ill try and see what I can come up with and let you know soon!
Zook

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic