2007 mecury mountaineer, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ankur104 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Guys,
I have done a few remote starts with success and want to know if anyone has done a RS on a 2007 Mountaineer. I feel confident with the remote start wiring, but i am worried about the lock/unlock/arm connection. Does this vehicle have a GEM (Generic Electric Module) where i have to use this GEM "Wake up" wiring i hear about? Link below-
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/uploads/Tech_Tips_1093_Ford_GEM_Wake_Up.pdf
I know i can test for myself but the customer has the car till Friday. As far as i can see i need to only hook up lock, unlock, and arm wire according to this wire diagram with isolated diodes.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2pnhfAwy2-TQ014X1AtZnpEZVk/edit?usp=sharing
What i have gathered is i need to hook up the wires with double pulse unlock feature on remote start with diodes to isolate disarm and unlock. Any information from experienced installers that can make this a smooth simple install would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again the12volt.com
ankur104 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry forgot to add that i am using Avital 4103lx and Fortin Evo-RIDE equipment for installation.
g06104a8 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
I just did a RS my wife's 2007 Mountaineer using the 4103xl. I hooked up the lock and unlock wires from the 4103 to the ones on the mountaineer. I did not use any diodes or anything else. Didn't use the unarm wire either. Everything works as it should. I used the Bulldog security site for my connections. I hope this helps.
the slacker
ankur104 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Slacker
So did you have to program remote start for double pulse unlock? or you just wired it straight and left all the features alone on remote start? Just to confirm you didnt hook up arm or disarm wires correct?
Thanks Again
g06104a8 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
That correct I did nothing with the arm or unarm wires and left the programming the way it came out of the box, except changing it from w2w mode to d2d mode and adding to horn chirp when you lock and unlock.
the slacker

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic