icon

1 din dvd/nav receiver screen down?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
los panda 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
i'm looking for a single din receiver w a screen that hangs down as opposed to up. i found several soundstream receivers similar to what i am looking for; while the screen hangs down, it is a tablet-style screen, and cannot be retracted back into the unit.
it doesn't have to be motorized, but it needs to retract back into the unit.
lil help?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
as far as i know, that doesnt exist. ive ever seen or heard of one like that that flips down.
los panda 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
as far as i know, that doesnt exist. ive ever seen or heard of one like that that flips down.
me neither.
a coworker told me that's what they were looking for; i told them i'd look into it but i didn't think it existed. here's one of the soundstream receivers i came across while looking: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LY4sPPdddDF/p_530VR738NB/Soundstream-VR-738NB.html
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
your link doesnt work, but i do have some experience with soundstream head units and all i can say is that they dont live up to their advertising hype. they are usually re-branded junk with a glossy face added on. there is a reason why they are cheaper than most other units. i think they are probably better than boss or other cheap brands but they are still on that level.
los panda 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
your link doesnt work, but i do have some experience with soundstream head units and all i can say is that they dont live up to their advertising hype. they are usually re-branded junk with a glossy face added on. there is a reason why they are cheaper than most other units. i think they are probably better than boss or other cheap brands but they are still on that level.
i didn't even know that they made head units.
i bought soundstream's ega-4220 4 channel amp over a decade ago, it served me well for many years. has their quality suffered across the board?
i'm not sure what i did incorrectly w the link, but you can copy/paste into your browser or just google the model (VR-738NB) if you want to see what i am talking about.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Agreed about the link. Just highlight and 'open link in new tab' if your browser has that feature. It probably hates the new-line split.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
actually i did copy and paste and it said it couldnt find the page. still took me to crutchfield but said the page didnt exist.
soundstream is a strange brand, i dont have a problem with their amps because they are actually pretty nice amps for the price. soundstream is known more for their amps than anything else but at some point they decided they wanted to have their hands in everything from alarms to video equipment so they bought a bunch of unbranded equipment and slapped their name on the front. soundstream product is about half good and half bad so you gotta watch what you buy.
just looked at the receiver you want and id say its another piece of junk. as far as any kind of audio and sound control functions it just doesnt have any. bass and treble control? WOW my phone has better sound controls... no eq, no crossover, just a few presets. i guess i will never get why people buy these units, isnt the point of upgrading your factory radio to get better sound and function? i guess you will get bluetooth function out of it but in my experience the bluetooth function on these cheap radios is horrible and might as well not be there.
los panda 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
i don't want that, i wouldn't recommend that to my coworker, i was just using it to show the "hang down" screen style that i am looking for.
i recently bought the alpine cde-hd149bt to replace my cda-7998.
atish 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
http://www......com/item_43644_Power-Acoustik-PNX-721.html
Not the highest end brand but I use them all the time and you get almost all of the features you will out of a higher end brand for half the price.
co_ne_dub 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
If I remember correctly there was an issue of car audio & electronics(way back when) where some car had 2 alpine flipouts, one went up and one went down. Anyone else remember that?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic