icon

2 neons in trunk

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2003 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Insanez24kid you have the right idea just remove the trunk light and tap into the +. As far as the ground goes you can either tap into the trunk light or ground it to an alternate source.
KaMLuNg 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  

bberman1 wrote:
KaMLuNg Are you getting the power for your neons  from the main power cable to the amp  or from the remote turn on lead?

i tapped into the remote turn on... so that when i turn on the car and the amp kicks on, then the neons in the trunk turn on also... was i not supposed to do that???2 neons in trunk - Page 2 -- posted image. 

KaMLuNg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  

completeaudio wrote:
dont use the remote wire to power the neons... if that is what he is suggesting.  this will cause damage to your headunit.  you can safely use the remote turn on for other accessories (such as neons) by using a relay configuration.

why would this damage ur head unit??? doesn't that remote lead just output 12v to signal ur amp to draw current from your constant 12v??? i don't have an aftermarket headunit so i tapped into the fusebox for my remote turn on and have hi/low converter in the trunk...  ill keep the relay in mind if i ever get a new aftermarket HU...

k67p67 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
I wired mine with a relay. The coil is connected to the remote from the head unit and also the trunk latch. So my neons come on when the HU is on and trunk open. Makes no sense to have the neons on when the trunk isn't open. I also wanted to be able to open the trunk without the neons coming on (turn HU off) because sometimes you need to keep your gear on the DL. Pic of neon in amp rack
KaMLuNg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
i keep my neons on when the trunk is closed because i keep my ski pass open and u can see the sub and neons from the inside of the car...
CoreyNeilson 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2003 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
most boot lights are negative switched, meaning when you deactivate your boot light the negative (-) current will be cut not the positive (+), i suggest you first pull the cigarette lighter plug on the end of the neons off first to make shure it doesnt have any resistors in it, a lot of the interior neons actually run on about 8 volts, cutting the cig plug and running them strait to 12volt will pop them i some cases. then find a constant 12 volt source somewhere in the boot (near rear lights, boot light, caravan plug) then use the negative (-) from your boot light, hope this helps  
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic