icon

2006 volvo s60 remote start, no crank

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
98k15004x4 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Just installed a avital remote start in a 06 s60 using the dei universal immobilizer bypass for it. Hit the button everything lights up and turns on but no crank, checked voltage output on starter wire, has 12 volts. Took bypass ring off of key cylinder and place a key in the ignition, tried to remote start it, did the same thing, all lights up but no crank. any suggestions?
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Look at the instructions that came with the 556u and I assume that's the one you are using and you will find one install for European vehicles this is the one you have to use!
triniforever
98k15004x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Why would it not start with the key in the ignition if it was an immobilizer issue?
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
make sure ignition wire is powered as ignition and accessory is powered as accessory. May need key sense also. If they are not powered properly the car will not start at all.
98k15004x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks for shooting the ideas around, if anyone has a problem doing a volvo which from what im reading is ALOT of people, i have the fix for my problem. Mine was a no crank, with our without key in ignition or with or without keysense wire hooked up, everything would light up like it was going to start, and i had 12 volts being sent to the starter wire at ignition, still nothing. cmk0808ny nailed it with the ign. vs. acc. I have NEVER had that make a difference before but it did on this one. acc 2 was being powered by the 2nd ign/2nd acc wire, but was factory programmed for ign 2, so i switched it in the menu options to acc 2, bingo starts up great.
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
The Volvo is the only car that I have run into that issue. Volvos are a pain but I end up doing them anyway.
uchoward 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2014 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
Not to hijack your post. I'm having a issue on my 01 s60 but mine will start with the key in ign cylinder while activating remote start, I posted back in 2011 for the same reason , but never had time to play with , (so many projects). I also have a brand new unit a Avital 4103 remote start unit with a 556u bypass module. I know for a fact it's an immobilizer issue since it's starting with key. I have the 556u ring around the oe keyring unit as close as possible without the wires begin exposed (556u keyring wires) . I even tried to put in front of ign cylinder but to no avail. Any hints or advice ? I see 98k15004x4 from the M A . All advice would be greatly appreciated.
ch
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2014 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have done it with thin wire. I take an Ethernet cable and pull one of the strands out of it. Wrap the key about 8 times and then wrap the cylinder about 8 times too. I put a little tape to hold the key and wire together and then tape the loop to the cylinder.
The 556u may be a little too big for this application. Volos are sensitive to addons as you see in this post.
uchoward 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so your wrapping the key with a ethernet cable strand ? Wrap around the key 8xthen tape strand also around the cylinder 8x then tape ? using a 566 u ? The way your explaining it seems like your not using a 566u. Thanks for the quick reply.
ch
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2014 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. I wrap it with a strand. No 556u. Make sure you use a relay to activate the key for remote start only. The tape is just to keep it in place.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic