icon

parking light issue 2011 kia soul

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
firebirdude 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
2011 Kia Soul Manual Trans with a Compustar FT-6200S-CONT remote start/alarm/keyless installed (2W9000 2-way LCD remote system).
Back story. Vehicle had a Viper alarm/keyless previously installed and used - parking light trigger to pink wire at the light switch. Parking lights flashed fine if switch was left in the "off" position. But if driver left the headlight switch in the "on" position, the parking lights wouldn't flash at all during arm/disarm (but headlights turn themselves off with car from the factory). Not a big deal.
Now vehicle has the Compustar remote start installed. + parking light output (GREEN / WHITE) runs to GREEN/ black and yellow/black at the dash fuse box. They are diode isolated from each other. Parking lights work fine EXCEPT when you leave the headlight switch "on" AND enter reservation mode. You exit the vehicle and it keeps running, you close the door, system arms, locks the doors (parking lights flash then turn off, vehicle shuts down, then turns the parking lights back on. The lights will remain on until it kills the battery (ask me how I know parking light issue 2011 kia soul - Last Post -- posted image. ). If you do anything else, ie: unlock the doors, just don't enter reservation mode, switch the headlight switch to off, etc, the parking lights work exactly as they should.
This really seems like a Compustar programming issue to me. Help?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
The reason the lights stay on is the car doesn't see the door being opened after shut down. You can do it with the key as well. I don't do standards so I'm not sure how to resolve this. But most new kias act this way I usually pulse the drivers door pin after shutdown to simulate opening a door.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
firebirdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm. Well that sucks. Because pulsing the door pin after the engine has shutdown is going to exit reservation mode.
firebirdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
Update. So I figured I could cut the factory door pin wire, add in a diode, have the Compustar door pin wire on the cathode end and the re-arm pulse wire on the anode. This way, the rearm pulse would trip the factory door pin, but the Compustar would never see it.
Well it turns out that only opening the driver's door turns off the parking lights. Opening any other door does nothing. And directechs only lists one door pin wire to tag all the doors (green in pass kick). It doesn't work. Anybody know the wire for driver's door pin only? Digging through All Data is not getting me anywhere...
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know off hand but I can look next time I'm at the kia dealer I do work for. You could pull the door pin on the jamb and grab it there
firebirdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
I don't know off hand but I can look next time I'm at the kia dealer I do work for. You could pull the door pin on the jamb and grab it there
Duh. Now why didn't I think of that? I just assumed there were no external door pins, like most modern cars.
Well there is a door pin and it's pretty easy to get to. Pop the driver's B-pillar and they're right there. Dark green and ...kind of a gray color. Greenish gray. lol. But I was just thinking... how am I going to isolate the rearm pulse from the door trigger wire now? I'd have to wire up each door pin individually and all right at their respective pins? F that... I'd rather just unhook the parking lights altogether. lol
chev104275 
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
I will look next time I go to the dealer
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Why don't you use the negative parking light wire that was used originally?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic