icon

viper 5704v on 98 ford explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ramnedr1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
Hello folks, ive installed a few remote start/alarms in my time but never a Viper brand. Im putting this 5704V on a 98 Explorer. Yes I have looked at several other post about installs using Viper systems.
Keep in mind that I have not installed a bypass module, yes I know it requires one in order for remote start to work. In the past I have been able to put a key in the ignition and be able to test my remote start with success. Does Viper brand not allow this?
When I push the remote start button the main module box of the viper alarm clicks several times and the lights on the car blink along with it, thats all that happens.
I have followed the steps in the instructions for Learning the Tach (not needed with Virtual Tach) This worked just like it was suppose to.
Can I use Virtual Tach on this 98 Explorer?
The door locks work and lights blink as they should when using my Viper remote control.
So far this is what I have done:
Main Harness (H1), 6-pin connector
H1/1 RED (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT-----------------Yellow (ignition)
H1/2 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND-----------------------Ground to Chassis
H1/3 BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT-------------------------Siren
H1/4 WHITE/ BROWN PARKING LIGHT ISOLATION WIRE - PIN 87a of onboard relay------Not Used
H1/5 WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT-----------------------Brown (headlight switch) ** Set Viper jumper/fuse to (+)= WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?? HELP HERE....
H1/6 ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT----------------- -------------- Not Used
H2 Harness, 24-pin connector
H2/1 PINK/WHITE (-) 200mA IGNITION/FLEX RELAY CONTROL OUTPUT----------------- Not Used
H2/2 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY INPUT------------------------------------ Ground to Chassis *w/auto trans
H2/3 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT---------------- Not used
H2/4 GREEN/ BLACK (-) 200mA OEM ALARM DISARM OUTPUT-----------------------------not used
H2/5 RED / WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT---- ORANGE / lt. green (CSM pass. rear panel) *Need Relay for (-) to (+)= Do I need this??
H2/6 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT (N/C* OR N/O)-- yellow/black (driver kick, door harness) *set Viper to N.C.= I have not connected this wire due to what another member said in his post for a 2004 Mountaineer. This is what he said: "If you only hook up to the yellow/black wire you are only sensing the drivers door. Anytime you you hook up 1 wire to multiple wires you need to isolate feedback. To stop that feedback you use diodes.
Or just use the purple wire off the viper to the blue/black dome light wire, and call it a day. The blue/black also gets signal when the hatch or the hatch glass is opened. So, no need to use the vipers blue trunk trigger wire. oh, if you do use this wire you cannot disable the dome light using the dimmer switch otherwise your viper will not sense a door opening, since the domelight is disabled"
H2/7 BLACK / YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION OUTPUT--------BLACK/ lt. blue (drivers kick) *Need Relay for (-) to (+) Does this need to be connected??
H2/8 BROWN / BLACK (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT------Yellow /lt. green (harness @ steering column
H2/9 DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT----- To bypass module = GWR (Blue/Wht wire on connector 1 of PKALL)
H2/10 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT--------------------------not used
H2/11 WHITE/ BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT--------------------not used
H2/12 VIOLET (+) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT----------------------------------------------BLACK/ lt. blue (drivers kick)
H2/13 WHITE/ VIOLET (-) 200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT-------------------------------not used
H2/14 VIOLET/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT-------------------------------not used
H2/15 ORANGE / BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT-----------------------------not used
H2/16 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT---------------------------- Lt. Green (switch above brake pedal)
H2/17 GREY (-) HOOD PIN INPUT (N/C OR N/O)---------------------------- Hood pin wire that came with alarm
H2/18 VIOLET / YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT---------------------not used
H2/19 BLUE (-) TRUNK PIN/ INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT (N/C OR N/O)-- WHITE/ purple - N.C. driver kick, harness to rear *set Viper to N.C.
H2/20 GREY/BLACK (-) DIESEL WAIT TO START INPUT-------------------------------not used
H2/21 WHITE/ BLUE (-) REMOTE START/ TURBO TIMER ACTIVATION INPUT-------not used
H2/22 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT--------------------------------------not used
H2/23 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT-------------- connected to Tan / YELLOW at PCM at Firewall
H2/24 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA OEM ALARM ARM OUTPUT---------------------not used
Remote Start, (H3) 10-pin connector
H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT--GREEN/ Purple (ignition switch)
H3/2 RED / WHITE (87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)--Gray / YELLOW (ignition switch)
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT------------------------------------BLACK/ lt. green (ignition switch)
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)—RED / blue (@ ignition switch starter side)
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)------RED / blue (@ ignition switch keyside)
H3/6 RED IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)----------------------------Yellow (ignition switch)
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT (car side of ign, acc or starter wire)----------------not used
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT (key side of ign, acc or starter wire if needed)----not used
H3/9 RED / BLACK ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)------------Yellow (ignition switch)
H3/10 NC No Connection----------------------------not used
Door Lock, 3-pin connector
1 BLUE (-) 500mA UNLOCK OUTPUT---------------------------Pink / YELLOW (drivers kick door harness Type B)
2 EMPTY NOT USED-----------not used
3 GREEN (-) 500mA LOCK OUTPUT----------------------------Pink/lt. green(drivers kick door harness Type B)
Any help would be great!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

Here are some corrections and info :

H1/5 WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT---Brown (headlight switch) ** Set Viper jumper/fuse to (+)

The Viper has an internal jumper/fuse that can be set for (+) or (-) Parking Light output.  It is set at the Factory to (+) but
usuially shakes loose during shipment.  Should be an access panel on the Viper that slides open to expose this fuse.

Here is the H3 wiring.  You really should use a DMM to test/verify these wires.

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT--      GREEN/ Purple (ignition switch)
H3/2 RED / WHITE (87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)-- Yellow (ignition switch)
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT------------------------------------      BLACK/ lt. green (ignition switch)
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)—     RED / blue (@ ignition switch starter side)
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)------      RED / blue (@ ignition switch keyside)
H3/6 RED IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)----------------------------    Yellow (ignition switch)
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT ---------------           Gray / YELLOW  (ignition switch)  ***
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT---- not used
H3/9 RED / BLACK ACC/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)------------    Yellow (ignition switch)
H3/10 NC No Connection----------------------------not used

*** Program Viper for Flex Relay = ACC2

The Viper Parking Light blinks after a failed R/S attempt are important.  Count them and look up the error in the chart.

Did you program the Viper to Auto Trans Mode?

Soldering is fun!
ramnedr1 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much kreg357!! Everything works. I corrected the wires you pointed out, programed trans mode to auto, and programed Flex Relay Function.
One more question, because this vehicle is equipped with the factory theft, once it is running im unable to use my viper remote to unlock the doors. Is there a way around this?
thanks sooo much!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
If your Explorer has the Factory Alarm system you should have this Viper wire :
H2/4 GREEN/ BLACK (-) 200mA OEM ALARM DISARM OUTPUT
Connected to this wire :
Info from ReadyRemote
Factory Alarm Disarm       dk. GREEN/ purple (-)       in driver kick panel
Info from Audiovox 
Alarm Disarm         DARK GREEN/ VIOLET (-)   @ 4 PIN CONN DR. KICK PANEL
Soldering is fun!
ramnedr1 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
The factory disarm wire is a olive green color with a brown stripe (took a bit to figure this out) I came across another post for a 98 explorer and this guy had the exact same problem finding this disarm wire. He just traced it from the PATS module all the way to the kick panel. There are 4 dk. GREEN/ purple wires in the kick panel so I knew that wasn't right. Even my notes from multiple install sites say dk GREEN/ purple=wrong wire for 98 explorer.
Thanks for your help again kreg357.
kreg357 
Posted: February 14, 2014 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
Glad it's all working.  That is the problem with the wiring guides, they are rather generic and occasionally wrong.  Good research and a DMM are your best friends.   viper 5704v on 98 ford explorer -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic