icon

2005 escalade smartstart dball2 problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brad2388 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
ive been looking around here and different forums for help.
I have installed a smartstart with the dball2 and everything works great.
but what don't work is the heated seats and double pulse unlock.
the dball2 wiring don't show it as wired out. looks like everything is suppose to be thru the data connection to the truck.
is that so? I have nothing working except for the remote start and lock and unlock. no heated seats no defroster nothing.
help?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2014 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

A few thoughts ( some obvious, please excuse them ) :

1. The DB-ALL2 should be flashed with the 402.GM4 v1.09 firmware.

2. The default DB-ALL2 programming is Heated Seats = Disabled.  Did you change this to Heated Seats = Enabled? (Feature 3)
3. The default Heated Seat Temp is 32 degrees F.  Is the ambient temp in N.C. below that?  You can re-program this to 41 degrees
     or Always ON.

I'm not a DB-ALL user and have found on other bypass modules, the heated accessories come on from engine coolant temp,

not ambient temp like the DB-ALL2 install guide states.  And yes, everything from the DB-ALL2 gets done via the J1850 OBD2
wire.

Soldering is fun!
brad2388 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2014 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
It came programmed with gm4 v1.09. But i ordered a xkloader2 and verfied this also
I enabled the heated seats with i think option 4 and turn it to always on also. The heated mirrors and the rear window defogger works now. Not sure what i did. But the seats are no go.
Also cant get the thing to unlock all doors with one press of the unlock button. Ive changed the door unlock to double pulse
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2014 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
My two suggestions would be to power up the 2nd ACC wire in the vehicle if you didn't already.
For the unlock, hardwire them from the remote start unit to the dball and set them to double pulse.
brad2388 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2014 at 5:25 AM / IP Logged  
Ok. Im setup in d2d will it work in w2w also or will i need to w2w everything else to? I have so powered up the 2nd accessory via a relay and the brown wire in the truck
cdx280 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2014 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
Heated seats are not controlled on the can network in this vehicle. Although the guide and programming show it, that feature is only available on newer vehicles. You must use relays tied to aux channels and wire them in the doors.
brad2388 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
I figured it was something like that.
My buttons aint in the doors there in the center console its a platinum model so it has heated and cooled seats. The heated seat wires are shown to be in the door but not sure since the buttons aint.
brad2388 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Wonder where id find a wiring diagram for the heated and cooled seats?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 21, 2014 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
brad2388 wrote:
I figured it was something like that.
My buttons aint in the doors there in the center console its a platinum model so it has heated and cooled seats. The heated seat wires are shown to be in the door but not sure since the buttons aint.
I think that's your problem right there. I have a 2004 Platinum which is just like yours----seat heater (and seat cooler) buttons are in the center console, not on the door like the regular Escalade/Tahoe.
My car has a Flashlogic FLCAN and my heated seats don't come on either. Just like you, only the rear defroster and heated mirrors.
I strongly suspect that the interface manufacturers didn't bother to find a Platinum and test the product on it---there aren't many of them around, after all.
Anyway......
You could probably get a wiring diagram by subscribing to alldatadiy.com for your car. It's like $20/year or something, and it's also a great resource when you have something else to fix on the car.
But if you're good at testing wires you don't really need the diagram too badly.
Behind the switch, there's like maybe a dozen wires or so. Test them all.
You'll find at least one wire that will be constant ground. And another that will be constant power or ignition power. Note those and push them aside.
Then go back and test the other wires for ground while pushing the buttons on the front. You'll find separate wires for each function: Left heat, left cool, right heat, right cool, left and right back, left and right off, and so forth.
Just get the rear defroster output from the remote starter, and bring that up to the switch.
Make a decision on what you want to do. Turn on both seats? Just the driver? Hot or cold?
Then take that defroster output, splitting it with diodes if necessary, to trigger whatever you want.
If you want to get really fancy, get yourself a single pole, double throw, center off switch............ you could mount that under the dash and you'll have a winter/off/summer switch. Make it so that in the middle position, nothing happens. Winter position, it turns on the heated seat. Summer position, it turns on the cooled seat.
brad2388 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
Sweet! Imma do that. Wire me a switch to the truck release since the esky dont have that power rear door and make it my heated seats in the winter and cooled seats in the summer. I can drive a relay with 200ma of output and make em do + or - and block each with a diode!
Thanks for the info about yours not working too! Glad i wasnt the only one.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic