viper 5501 db all issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mainer 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
freqsounds wrote:
By default, the DBALL sets the driver's door to priority, meaning just that door will unlock first, if you press unlock again, the other doors should unlock.
This is feature #2 in the installation manual. When set to All, all the doors will unlock at the same time.
For the parking lights, verify pin 8 and pin 9 on the DBALL Red harness. They should be connected together at the yellow wire pin 11 on the headlight switch. If you soldered the connection, verify the connection with a multimeter.
Thanks! I went in and changed feature 2 to all. Pin 8/9 are good on the red harness. I think the parking light issue is based on the Viper 5501. I just removed an avital 4103L one way r/s system for this viper. On the Avital, everything worked. I was using the same dball with the same programming. On the avital, the parking lights were constant on with remote start and the doors all unlocked with one click of the remote even though the dball was set for priority...... Also, all doors unlocked when the drivers door was opened, where as the viper would not and I went in to feature programming and set it to unlock all doors upon Turing off the ignition.
When I went into this project, I foolish assumed that since the avital was a DEI product, that this swap to the 2-way viper would be easy. I guess not, some of this stuff just doesn't seem to make sense that on one unit things work and another they don't??
I do appreciate all of the help I have received here. It has been great!
mainer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
freqsounds wrote:
By default, the DBALL sets the driver's door to priority, meaning just that door will unlock first, if you press unlock again, the other doors should unlock.
This is feature #2 in the installation manual. When set to All, all the doors will unlock at the same time.
For the parking lights, verify pin 8 and pin 9 on the DBALL Red harness. They should be connected together at the yellow wire pin 11 on the headlight switch. If you soldered the connection, verify the connection with a multimeter.
Thanks! I went in and changed feature 2 to all. Pin 8/9 are good on the red harness. I think the parking light issue is based on the Viper 5501. I just removed an avital 4103L one way r/s system for this viper. On the Avital, everything worked. I was using the same dball with the same programming. On the avital, the parking lights were constant on with remote start and the doors all unlocked with one click of the remote even though the dball was set for priority...... Also, all doors unlocked when the drivers door was opened, where as the viper would not and I went in to feature programming and set it to unlock all doors upon Turing off the ignition.
When I went into this project, I foolish assumed that since the avital was a DEI product, that this swap to the 2-way viper would be easy. I guess not, some of this stuff just doesn't seem to make sense that on one unit things work and another they don't??
I do appreciate all of the help I have received here. It has been great!
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
For the most part, I have found Python and Viper to be mostly interchangeable, but the other products seem to have their own thing going on.
Regarding the parking light, did the Avital have H1/9 hooked up? It's a white wire. If so, this is where the white wire on the Viper needs to be hooked up.
The parking light wire:
yellow at the headlight switch using 1.3k ohm resistor (-)
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
mainer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
freqsounds wrote:
For the most part, I have found Python and Viper to be mostly interchangeable, but the other products seem to have their own thing going on.
Regarding the parking light, did the Avital have H1/9 hooked up? It's a white wire. If so, this is where the white wire on the Viper needs to be hooked up.
The parking light wire:
yellow at the headlight switch using 1.3k ohm resistor (-)
No, the Avital did not. Everything just worked via D2D on the DB-All.
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure why it's not working. The DBALL usually doesn't have a problem with the parking lights. If you decide to try the resistor fix, make sure to disconnect the parking light wires from the DBALL -- so that you're not trying to send the same signal twice.
Anyone else have any ideas on this? Maybe the polarity fuse in the Viper unit?
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic