DBALL / DBALL2 / DBALL2pro Tips

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mraballard 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2016 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Great info, thank you!
Do you have a recommendation on installing the dball or alarm first?
I thought I would do the dball first so I can use it, and add the alarm sometime later. Does the order of installation matter?
ajb
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2016 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
They can't be done separately. They have to be installed at the same time.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
mraballard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, thank you. I have the CHTHD2 T-Harness, but the instructions refer to two different types (R1-R6 and R9-R10). Can you tell me the difference between them so I can figure out which I have?
ajb
mraballard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Never mind, the manufacturer has informed me that:
"The only difference between the two is the ORANGE / Green and ORANGE / Brown in the Blue connector in version R9-R10."
ajb
mraballard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
freqsounds wrote:
D2D is Data to Data. It means the DBALL can communicate with your Jeep (i.e. Send an unlock command, send a start command, etc.) so you don't have to hook up the 812658468 wires from the alarm system. D2D replaces those wires by sending commands to your car. That said, the chart in the DBALL manual will tell you what commands the DBALL can send to the Jeep. Anything without a check mark should be hooked up with the corresponding wire on the alarm system.
As long as you install the firmware to the DBALL for the correct vehicle, you should be good to go. If there's more than one, you can flash one, and if it doesn't work or is not working properly, you can flash the other. You can flash the DBALL as many times as you need to.
@freqsounds With the D2D and all the wires that comes with the alarm system, I'm not sure which wires I have to hardwire and which I don't. For example, the Viper 5706v comes with a 10-pin heavy gauge connector harness for "Remote Start". I figure that since it says it's for Remote Start, I should connect that.
It has the following: (1) empty (2) +Fused 12V Accessory/starter INput (3) +Flex Relay input 87A key side(4) +Ignition 2/ Flex relay output (5) Fused 12V Ignition 1 Input (6) + Starter INput Key Side of starter kill (7) Starter Output Car Side of starter kill (8) + accessory output (9) Fused 12V Ignition 2 Flex Relay INput 87 (10) Ignition 1Input/Output
Do I have to connect all these or does the D2D connect to the dball2 and take care of everything?
ajb
freqsounds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
mraballard wrote:
freqsounds wrote:
D2D is Data to Data. It means the DBALL can communicate with your Jeep (i.e. Send an unlock command, send a start command, etc.) so you don't have to hook up the 812658468 wires from the alarm system. D2D replaces those wires by sending commands to your car. That said, the chart in the DBALL manual will tell you what commands the DBALL can send to the Jeep. Anything without a check mark should be hooked up with the corresponding wire on the alarm system.
As long as you install the firmware to the DBALL for the correct vehicle, you should be good to go. If there's more than one, you can flash one, and if it doesn't work or is not working properly, you can flash the other. You can flash the DBALL as many times as you need to.
@freqsounds With the D2D and all the wires that comes with the alarm system, I'm not sure which wires I have to hardwire and which I don't. For example, the Viper 5706v comes with a 10-pin heavy gauge connector harness for "Remote Start". I figure that since it says it's for Remote Start, I should connect that.
It has the following: (1) empty (2) +Fused 12V Accessory/starter INput (3) +Flex Relay input 87A key side(4) +Ignition 2/ Flex relay output (5) Fused 12V Ignition 1 Input (6) + Starter INput Key Side of starter kill (7) Starter Output Car Side of starter kill (8) + accessory output (9) Fused 12V Ignition 2 Flex Relay INput 87 (10) Ignition 1Input/Output
Do I have to connect all these or does the D2D connect to the dball2 and take care of everything?
Only connect the wires described in the DBALL manual. It will specify if a wire is needed from the alarm system. Other than that, the DBALL will take care of everything via D2D.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
brownsfan1 wrote:
I use the dball as a last resort. You shouldn't have to do any of that. I'm an expeditor. I don't really have time for that. The Idatalink/Flashlogic mobile app works much better and faster so I use it more than anything. There is a reason it has earned the name DB-some or DB-fail. I'm not a directed hater I use a lot of their stuff just not the DB -all.
I find this funny as I use the DBALL over the ADS product whenever possible in most cases. The only vehicles I wont use a Dball on is a Colorado/Canyon/Cobalt etc. Besides that I use DBALL whenever I have them in stock. I also find their XKLOADER3 to be a better option over the Idata loader. German Cars specifically I find the DBALL to be a way better option on.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with you Ravendarat. The Db-all, like all bypass modules has flaws but it also has some real advantages. Some of the suggestions in the original post are just false and will waste a ton of time. I don't doubt the original poster performs all these rituals but they are not necessary. The only suggestion that is helpful is #4. Sometimes an older or beta firmware can help, this is true for each one of the big three bypass manufacturers.
freqsounds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
beegbie wrote:
I agree with you Ravendarat. The Db-all, like all bypass modules has flaws but it also has some real advantages. Some of the suggestions in the original post are just false and will waste a ton of time. I don't doubt the original poster performs all these rituals but they are not necessary. The only suggestion that is helpful is #4. Sometimes an older or beta firmware can help, this is true for each one of the big three bypass manufacturers.
These were true back in February 2014 when I posted this, but I still do them as a precaution. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes habit. What suggestion is false? I'll gladly fix it! DBALL / DBALL2 / DBALL2pro Tips - Page 2 -- posted image.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
The company I work for does a high volume of remote starts/db-alls. My latest flash report from directed has our road techs at a little over 7000 flashes of db-alls year to date. This is not including our shop location's flashes. I've never heard of an issue where anyone needed to flash a module more than once or de-select d2d options. If you look at my post history, you'll see I've addressed many db-all issues as they are far from perfect. I'm sorry if I'm coming off a little harsh here but it bothers me when I think about others reading this and wasting time. Thanks for your understanding.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic