icon

sequoia power rear hatch, defrost, cc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cu52 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2014 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2008 Sequoia Platinum. I have installed the Python 5706p and the idatalink ADS-AL-CA – TL1 firmware.   Idatalink is setup as D2D.
Currently the trunk release works when holding AUX to unlock the latch for the rear hatch. It does not operate the power hatch. I would like to re-wire this so that It operates the power hatch as the factory fob does. Can someone please confirm that this will require a 5 wire relay per the below and I have the correct wire to do so?
12V to 87 and 86
87a to switch side of wire
30 to motor side of wire.
Tied to the Red wire at the 26 pin White plug aBody ECU Pin number 16. ??
For the defrost (windshield, mirrors and rear window) Is there a way to connect this so that the defrost button on the HVAC controls is illuminated and operates all of them at once or do I have to tie into rear and mirror defrost wires per my wiring diagram. Will this required a relay or just that the status 2 is set to Latch defogger and taped into both defrost wires?
Comfort Closure. Setting 1 or 2
The comfort closure does not work either. I have it turned on through he Sequoia, I have tested it works with the key in the door, but none of the setting through Bitwriter allow the front windows or sunroof to close? Any advice to get this working?
cu52 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone able to advise on the power rear hatch?
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
The red wire at pin 26 should be a negative trigger to open/close the hatch. No relay should be needed.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
The rear defroster is green (-) in the drivers kick and the mirror defroster is blue (-) in a 66 pin plug on the back of the fuse box. You can diode isolate the 2 with the 2nd status. Not sure if you're going to have any issues but if it doesn't work that way you may have to add a couple relays to power the defrosters.
cu52 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2014 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
blanx218 wrote:
The red wire at pin 26 should be a negative trigger to open/close the hatch. No relay should be needed.
Worked perfectly, no relay needed. Had to use AUX 1 as the truck still unlocks the tailgate but will not open if connected. Need to figure out how to disable the truck through the idatalink! But I have it working no! Going to tackle the Defrost next.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic